• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo's Shares Fall After Animal Crossing Game Delay

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3ngag3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Apparently, shareholders are the scum of the Earth now.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:58 pm Reply with quote
3ngag3 wrote:
Apparently, shareholders are the scum of the Earth now.

Now?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 pm Reply with quote
It's going to fall more later on, Pokemon will no longer have almost every Pokemon available and it has caused outrage.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Nintendo is a company that values the well being of it's developers and wants to avoid the crunch mentality so many of their rivals engage in so not surprising share holders don't care about that.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:40 am Reply with quote
Considering the backlash, I think it's more likely that the drop happened due to the "Pokémon Sword & Shield will not allow you to transfer in any Pokémon that aren't already found in the Galar Region" thing. The Treehouse video revealing that has a ridiculous dislike-to-like ratio at the moment, and fans are not happy that they may not be able to bring their favorites into the new game after every previous game in the franchise (save Gen 3, due to GBA cartridges not being able to communicate with the regular Game Boy) had that feature and it's been something we've come to take for granted.
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:48 am Reply with quote
Lord Starfish wrote:
Considering the backlash, I think it's more likely that the drop happened due to the "Pokémon Sword & Shield will not allow you to transfer in any Pokémon that aren't already found in the Galar Region" thing. The Treehouse video revealing that has a ridiculous dislike-to-like ratio at the moment, and fans are not happy that they may not be able to bring their favorites into the new game after every previous game in the franchise (save Gen 3, due to GBA cartridges not being able to communicate with the regular Game Boy) had that feature and it's been something we've come to take for granted.

Shareholders don't care about Youtube Dislike or the backlash, this is for Animal Crossing.
Big Bad Armadillo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Interesting....yup, just as I thought. Zero sources cited that tell you the share fall has a direct correlation to Animal Crossing's delay. The article is just drawing its own conclusions. Maybe if we saw a source that actually indicated what the article is trying to imply I would care? Journalism needs sources. Otherwise, its just speculation.
IanC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:38 pm Reply with quote
The Pokemon thing is whiny fanbois. Shareholders don't care about them. All they see is a big name game getting pushed back for what they think is a stupid reason (apprently not working your staff to death is a stupid reason) and as such, value drops.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quote
This is normal.

Shares always fall whenever there's negative news.

No matter what industry.

Then some positive news comes and shares jump up again.

Anyone watching the history of Nintendo stocks knows this.

Most likely, shares are falling due to lack of mobile phone announcements. Not so much Animal Crossing. As investors are pushing Nintendo to go more mobile.

Also the rumors from WSJ about new hardware didn't emerge, though Nintendo said ahead of time that there'd be no new hardware announcements at E3, I imagine because htye obviously don't want sales of current hardware to fall and will only announce it closer to the release month, or whenever orders are opened to retailers.

This is obviously a result of a combination of things.

Rumors that this is tied to any sort of fore-knowledge that Nintendo is not doing 'crunch' is absurd jumping to conclusions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1