• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Fire Force, Hensuki, 'How heavy are the dumbbells you lift?,' The Ones Wi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:12 pm Reply with quote
The fact that they don’t give a date for simulcast of Fire Force, I guess that means Crunchyroll will be getting the exclusive stream of the sub.

Also I see no mention of Fruits Basket continuing, will it not be having another cour?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for Sentai to get How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?, but oh well. And I assume Fire Force is also a same day simuldub because the show premiers on the 5th.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:45 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Also I see no mention of Fruits Basket continuing, will it not be having another cour?

There had been some early speculation that with the number of episodes it would require, that it would be split cour.

angelmcazares wrote:
And I assume Fire Force is also a same day simuldub because the show premiers on the 5th.

Yes, their own blog lists "SimulDub Premieres July 5" (with no mention of a [subbed] simulcast) indicating LegitPancake's theory about CR likely having rights to the subbed version is likely correct.

In contrast, for The Ones Within, their own blog lists "Simulcast and Same-Day SimulDub Premieres July 7". The difference could be taken as indicating the same-day dub may be for the first episode of Fire Force only, or isn't expected to be same day long enough to warrant calling it out.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:56 am Reply with quote
So happy Funi got Dumbbells, that means it will get a good dub and a home release. Also, I knew that the author did Kengan Ashura, but I didn't know that it was in the same UNIVERSE. Might have some crossover stuff?
Vizo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I'd be more shocked if Fire Force didn't get simuldubbed. It's likely going to be one of the biggest shows of the season. A same-day dubbing is surprising though.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Vizo wrote:
I'd be more shocked if Fire Force didn't get simuldubbed. It's likely going to be one of the biggest shows of the season. A same-day dubbing is surprising though.

Funimation actually started off with 3 same day dubs this spring. I'm thinking it's only going to be getting larger in number on average over the next few years
omegafinal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:34 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I was hoping for Sentai to get How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?, but oh well. And I assume Fire Force is also a same day simuldub because the show premiers on the 5th.

Maybe Crunchyroll will get streaming rights from Funi or something like they did this past season with a couple of the shows. But then again, those shows maybe had been previously agreed on before the split. But yeah, I'm just too use to seeing Doga Kobo works (at least the ones I know, and barring those they only helped out on instead of being the "lead" production on.) being on Sentai/Crunchyroll that this is kinda surprising.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:37 am Reply with quote
A same-day dub for Fire Force isn't too unexpected considering they've been trying to drum up interest in the series for a while.

TheAncientOne wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

There had been some early speculation that with the number of episodes it would require, that it would be split cour.

I wouldn't be surprised by that. The opening for it says "Fruits Basked 1st Season" which strikes me as something that would be done if they at least had plans to break it up from the start.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised by that. The opening for it says "Fruits Basked 1st Season" which strikes me as something that would be done if they at least had plans to break it up from the start.

I’m guessing that it probably won’t be split-cour because Crunchyroll’s Summer 2019 page on their website lists Fruits Basket under “Continuing Simulcasts”. https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/06/17-1/crunchyroll-announces-summer-2019-anime-lineup
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:27 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Vizo wrote:

Funimation actually started off with 3 same day dubs this spring. I'm thinking it's only going to be getting larger in number on average over the next few years

That's right. I didn't watch those anime so I forgot. Do you know if there were any schedule delays?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:34 am Reply with quote
Vizo wrote:

That's right. I didn't watch those anime so I forgot. Do you know if there were any schedule delays?

Mix is now on a 1 week delay. Fruits Basket and Wiseman are still same day
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:56 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Vizo wrote:

Mix is now on a 1 week delay. Fruits Basket and Wiseman are still same day

Thanks! Same-day is great but I am completely okay with anything simuldubbed within a week. Let's hope that Funimation can soon prevent last minute dub schedule delays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1