• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: FF7 Remake Director: Tifa's Redesign Was Necessary

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RealMTL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:49 pm Reply with quote
To me it's not that bad a change. It could have been way worse in my opinion and what we ended up with is acceptable.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:54 pm Reply with quote
It's sad that her massive tits;seem to be the only thing a lot people took away from Tifa as character.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:56 pm Reply with quote
All this outrage by a lot of boys has just proven that a lot of them don't know boob sizes. Saw someone say she got moved to a B-Cup and almost died laughing.
tomdean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Never liked the ridiculous super-sized boobs but hate the idea that some senile dudes at ERSB gets to tell the world what is and is not acceptable to consume. There are over 170 countries with 7 billion people, who died and them the moral God?
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Echii wrote:
Why not make two version ? One uncensored with big boobs, and one censored with small boobs to please feminists who won't even buy the game anyway

At least they are showing some of Tifa skin, not like Mortal Kombat 11

She still has decent sized breast, unless you feel a D-Cup is tiny because that is definitely what she is but they are compacted by a sports bra.

I mean I guess they can give her triple d boobies but can we also give her the realistic back pain and have her smack herself in the face when she does combat?
Siegfriedl88

Quote:
the decision was due to Square Enix's "Ethics Department" and that it was "necessary to restrict her chest." This fed into further controversy about "censorship" and appealing to "Western ethics." However, despite its name, Square Enix's Ethics Department is less about morals and more about following age restriction guidelines.

i could care less about the size of a video game character's chest...but now that 22 years has past the original tifa design is unethical apparently.
ninjamitsuki

I don't see the "change" at all, it went from triangle pyramid polygons to.... Big boobs in a sports bra. Isn't the design the same as Advent Children?
maximilianjenus

Quote:
She's an athletic fighter and staff wanted her to have a more muscular, fit look.

This is one of the thigns that I find problematic; they excuse themselves on teh more muscular look, yet she looks skinnier than your average kpop femlae Idol. I'd be perfectly fine if she looked like mikasa, but tifa looks like she needs a sandwich (or several).
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Those comments about restricting Tifa's chest have nothing to do with her size. ANN feeding the censorship controversy like usual and not doing real research. The interview said restricting not reducing. They didn't want Tifa's tits flopping everywhere because it is not realistic for a fighter to not have support. Hence the black sports bra. They've restricted their movement not their size, because guess what sport's bras compress to restrict potential uncomfortable and harmful movement not get rid of mass.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 pm Reply with quote
God forbid they actually make her look like, y'know, a human being.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:51 pm Reply with quote
The Tifa redesign was better than what I expected but I think it was related to the recent censorship regulations from Sony. Not being able to release the FF7 remake on the PS4 would have cost Square Enix a lot of money. The changes were not about the ESRB or about supposed ethical requirements but was simply a monetary decision to make sure that the FF7 remake would be on the PS4.

Last edited by Chrono1000 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
God forbid they actually make her look like, y'know, a human being.

Big breasted women are human beings too ya know...
Sekaro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also revealed in the interview? The Honeybee Inn will make a comeback, so we might get to see Cloud in drag after all.

Why can't fans just be happy with this and move on?... Whatever the hell this is supposed to be Laughing

Last edited by Sekaro on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
TexZero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Nothing changed.

The law of conservation of mass moved her breast to her thighs/gluts and all is right with the world.
jellybeanbandit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Square Enix's Ethics Department

Made me have a giggle Laughing I guess all the people insisting she wasn't changed and people were just finding stuff to be outraged over are eating a bit of crow right about now since Square themselves admitted they changed it.

switchgear1131 wrote:
The interview said restricting not reducing. They didn't want Tifa's tits flopping everywhere because it is not realistic for a fighter to not have support. Hence the black sports bra. They've restricted their movement not their size, because guess what sport's bras compress to restrict potential uncomfortable and harmful movement not get rid of mass.

We'll see when she wears that revealing dressing in the Don Corneo portion of the game where she logically wont be wearing a sports bra. But I have my doubts they'll suddenly get massive there.

Realism seems like a lame excuse in a game where Cloud wields swords as big as him and there's flying dragons, talking lions, and robot cats why ride on magical stuffed moogles. At least Square fully admits it was done to tone sexual content down, but their excuse on a game rating raises a few questions. Fiore from Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness has massive jiggling breasts and walks around in a revealing outfit and that game was CERO C/T for Teen. Even the director for FFXIII has been on record saying he wanted bigger and jigglier boobs for Lightning in the sequels. Did things change in the past year or is it just an excuse.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5