• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jobs

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Please post questions related to existing job postings here.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Can we get a link here to said job openings?
thewan89

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:07 pm Reply with quote
A word of advice as a Malaysian. If your target market is the country as a whole, requiring Chinese language in Malaysia is considered racism unless you are specifically targeting the Chinese community or China market itself. Be careful as you may get banned in the future by local ISPs. The current government is taking this Chinese language requirement seriously. You guys should add that you are targeting the Chinese market if you are doing so, or remove that Chinese language requirement.

We anime fans of Malaysia love ANN and do not wish to see this website blocked by our government. Thank you.
Cloudywind

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Did you mix up the Chinese and Malaysian correspondent requirements, or are you actually looking to hire a Malaysian to write Chinese language articles and cover topics relating to the PRC anime community? Why hire from Malaysia for this purpose?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:10 am Reply with quote
thewan89 wrote:
A word of advice as a Malaysian. If your target market is the country as a whole, requiring Chinese language in Malaysia is considered racism unless you are specifically targeting the Chinese community or China market itself. Be careful as you may get banned in the future by local ISPs. The current government is taking this Chinese language requirement seriously. You guys should add that you are targeting the Chinese market if you are doing so, or remove that Chinese language requirement.

We anime fans of Malaysia love ANN and do not wish to see this website blocked by our government. Thank you.

Thank you for the feedback.
The job is specifically for the global Chinese language audience, which includes PRC, Taiwan, Singapore as well as the Chinese diaspora.

We do not care about the race of the applicant, only their professional skills, including language.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:14 am Reply with quote
thewan89 wrote:

Malaysia is not our target market for this project. We target Malaysia with the SEA version of the site. This is for the Chinese translation of the site that we are working on.

Thank you for the feedback.
The job is specifically for the global Chinese language audience, which includes PRC, Taiwan, Singapore as well as the Chinese diaspora.

We do not care about the race of the applicant, only their professional skills, including language.

It actually already did specifically say the position was to write about and for the Chinese market, but I added "based in Malaysia" to make it clear that it wasn't an accidental copy/paste.
Linkle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:05 am Reply with quote
Is the job posting for India that was published this month is still recruiting? I've sent in an application and haven't heard back either way. I was wondering if I should wait.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:43 am Reply with quote
Yes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1