• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, 100% agree. The loss of the narration from the others is a real blow to the manga. I liked the art and I still like the story, but the LN feels the most complete version of the characters.
n1nn1nn1n

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:29 am Reply with quote
I read the manga before I read the light novel, and while I enjoyed the manga the faults in the adaptation feel more apparent after seeing the cuts.

That said, the manga benefits a lot from not having to constantly repeat events from a different POV with the same dialogue chapter-per-chapter. I'm hoping that there's a better balance between narration and streamlining in later volumes (or failing that, the upcoming anime adaption).
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:43 am Reply with quote
It is ironic that shoujo LN essentially has a better parody of shonen MC's dence than any of the comedic shonen works. However, I could be wrong, and shoujo also has a large percentage of such protagonists, I do not know.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Read the light novel first, will be reading the manga, and will be watching the anime. That is how much fun this franchise is. Also a nice touch that the LN illustrator is doing the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1