• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero One's Justice 2 Game Heads West in 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:18 am Reply with quote
I'd really like to know how many more sales the first game would've gotten if it had been dubbed.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Isn't it waaaay too early for a sequel? Like damn it looks like the same game lol.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
I'd really like to know how many more sales the first game would've gotten if it had been dubbed.

It would have definitly sold more even if by just a little bit.

It is fact that games with a dub sell more than games without a dub.
spark67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I don´t know why US people care so much about the dub, japanese voices are always better, is like you can´t enjoy a game if the protagonist isn´t eating a donut that looks like a rice ball.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:50 am Reply with quote
spark67 wrote:
I don´t know why US people care so much about the dub, japanese voices are always better, is like you can´t enjoy a game if the protagonist isn´t eating a donut that looks like a rice ball.

Why are you referencing an outdated meme from a time when dubs were plagued with problems long since solved over a decade ago?

Also here’s a shocker, there are people who actually like the dub because hear it with me they give good performances that oh my God another bombshell, can genuinely measure up to the Japanese voices.

I know it sounds weird but it’s true. Plus like I said, dub equals more sales. That is stone cold truth.
spark67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
spark67 wrote:

Why are you referencing an outdated meme from a time when dubs were plagued with problems long since solved over a decade ago?

Also here’s a shocker, there are people who actually like the dub because hear it with me they give good performances that oh my God another bombshell, can genuinely measure up to the Japanese voices.

I know it sounds weird but it’s true. Plus like I said, dub equals more sales. That is stone cold truth.

Solved? what are you talking about. Us people would´t buy a game for not having dub´s, maybe you are wright, but that´s the problem, a cultural problem i say, Here in latinoamerica, no one, would ever bother to consider the dub in a japanese game, or english game for buying a game, we read the subtitles an problem solved. The world don´t spin around us, we adapt to the world.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:32 pm Reply with quote
spark67 wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:
spark67 wrote:

Solved? what are you talking about. Us people would´t buy a game for not having dub´s, maybe you are wright, but that´s the problem, a cultural problem i say, Here in latinoamerica, no one, would ever bother to consider the dub in a japanese game, or english game for buying a game, we read the subtitles an problem solved. The world don´t spin around us, we adapt to the world.

That donuts joke is a reference to a time in the early 2000’s when dubs Americanized the source matierial, a practice long since rendered extinct by the time of 2019. No dub calls a rice ball a donut anymore, they just call it a rice ball.

Also how unfortunate for you but that doesn’t disapprove anything I say. People generally prefer to buy a game with a language they can understand than a language they can’t. The more hardcore fans they don’t mind of course, but the casual audience which is bigger usually do.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
That donuts joke is a reference to a time in the early 2000’s when dubs Americanized the source matierial, a practice long since rendered extinct by the time of 2019. No dub calls a rice ball a donut anymore, they just call it a rice ball.

Actually they still do that Laughing They changed food and other stuff in the recent Glitter Force, Yokai Watch, and Doraemon dubs, plus the Sun and Moon Pokemon dub on Disney. Last month they changed shuriken in Pokemon into suction cup disks. it was like traveling back in time to the days of One Piece's poison suction cup darts

Quote:
Also how unfortunate for you but that doesn’t disapprove anything I say. People generally prefer to buy a game with a language they can understand than a language they can’t. The more hardcore fans they don’t mind of course, but the casual audience which is bigger usually do.

I doubt many if any at all fans would actually boycott a game over it not being dubbed. If a fan wants to play a game they'll get it. Pretty much no anime game series outside Dragonball Z gets an English dub. I doubt the game having a dub would really increase sales noticeably
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1