• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya: Next Dimension Manga to Resume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
The "Final Edition" for Saint Seiya will be the second of Kurumada's manga to receive that kind of treatment, as Fuma no Kojirou is currently getting its own "Ultimate Final Edition" release right now (something that ANN never actually reported, oddly enough); Volume 1 & 2 are out now, while Volume 3 will be out in January. I would imagine Seiya's release will be in that same format, with these new Seiya Zero & Destiny chapters being made for the release, as Kojirou got the Prelude Chapter short series added to Volume 1, an illustration gallery is in Volume 2, & a brand-new Epilogue Chapter short will be rounding out Volume 3.

Since Next Dimension won't be back until the Summer, though, my guess is that Otoko Zaka's next run, which will be for Volume 9 & Kurumada previewed back at the start of this year (but likely got delayed because of the Seiya Zero/Destiny & Kojirou Prelude runs), will likely finally happen either next Winter or Spring.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear it's starting again.
SAG4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:22 am Reply with quote
The only problem is launching 7 chapters after almost 2 years of waiting, and we have a gap of about 6 months or 1 year for the next seven chapters. The story progresses slowly.

Lord Geo wrote:
The "Final Edition" for Saint Seiya will be the second of Kurumada's manga to receive that kind of treatment, as Fuma no Kojirou is currently getting its own "Ultimate Final Edition" release right now (something that ANN never actually reported, oddly enough); Volume 1 & 2 are out now, while Volume 3 will be out in January. I would imagine Seiya's release will be in that same format, with these new Seiya Zero & Destiny chapters being made for the release, as Kojirou got the Prelude Chapter short series added to Volume 1, an illustration gallery is in Volume 2, & a brand-new Epilogue Chapter short will be rounding out Volume 3.

Since Next Dimension won't be back until the Summer, though, my guess is that Otoko Zaka's next run, which will be for Volume 9 & Kurumada previewed back at the start of this year (but likely got delayed because of the Seiya Zero/Destiny & Kojirou Prelude runs), will likely finally happen either next Winter or Spring.
Is there a chance that RnK will also have this final edition? Because both SS and FnK are Jump manga, just like RnK. It's a classic that even though it has a deluxe version, it doesn't have all the color pages that received at Jump.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:32 am Reply with quote
SAG4 wrote:
Is there a chance that [Ring ni Kakero] will also have this final edition? Because both SS and FnK are Jump manga, just like RnK. It's a classic that even though it has a deluxe version, it doesn't have all the color pages that received at Jump.

With Seiya getting one so soon after Kojirou, I'm willing to bet that Ring ni Kakero will happen not too long after Seiya is done. Depending on how many books Seiya will be, I wouldn't count on a "Final Edition" for RnK to be until, at earliest, the very end of 2020, however. It'd certainly be well deserved, though, & it'd be great to finally see the original Full-Color Final Chapter reprinted in its original form.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1