• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Universal Cool Japan Ad Puts the Detective Conan Characters in the Real World

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Man, Universal Japan gets all the cool stuff, yet Orlando and Hollywood are stuck with Transformers, Minions, and Jurassic World.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:13 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Man, Universal Japan gets all the cool stuff, yet Orlando and Hollywood are stuck with Transformers, Minions, and Jurassic World.

Monster Hunter is kinda like Jurassic World, no? Laughing

I'd definitely prefer Conan and Lupin to Minions though.
Rene&Mae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:37 am Reply with quote
I agree! Universal Studios Japan definitely gets the better attractions compared to the U.S.! I am not motivated enough by Jurassic World and Minions to shell out the money to go to Universal Studios in Los Angeles, but I would be there in a hot minute if we had the chance to see those Detective Conan and Lupin attractions!

Detective Conan is one of my all-time favorite animes, but the U.S. roll-out was so badly botched by Funimation, it's just not fair, how it is not recognized or enjoyed by a large number of the anime fans here. They are all missing out on a jem of a series! Wish I could go to Japan, to visit their Universal Studios park while the Detective Conan attractions are there. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1