• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who do the rules apply to?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zandy Brown

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:37 am Reply with quote
One of the comments on the Winter 2020 thread references children on the autism spectrum. This comment has been up for days now, and has nothing to do with anime. “Posters' contributions should not create an atmosphere that is unwelcome to marginalized peoples.” To the Moderator this comment may seem innocuous, but as someone on the spectrum it was upsetting. My son, also on the spectrum, felt the same when I showed him. What if that person put “children of color” instead? Would that have also been acceptable? Was the comment hateful? No. Did it marginalize the lives of we’ve lived due to the way we were born. Absolutely
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:06 am Reply with quote
The rules apply to everyone. Staff, industry, subscribers, regular readers, our haters and our biggest supporters alike

Please report the post in question using the "report post" feature in the top right corner of the post (the red exclamation mark). Our moderators can not read every post on the forum, but they do read every reported post.

In your report, please mention why you think this post is problematic.

Regards,

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1