• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball FighterZ Game's Season 3 Trailer Reveals Kefla's Debut on February 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:16 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY! KEFLA! All we need is Hercule and DBFZ will FINALLY be a good game.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
All we need is Hercule...

Nah...

SejinPK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
FINALLY! KEFLA! All we need is Hercule and DBFZ will FINALLY be a good game.

Yeah, I think Hercule could be a fun(ny) character to play as. Also, I would LOVE! to have Roshi in the game. I think he'd be really fun, and they could make him pretty versatile/varied.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Thinking about it some more, maybe Satan could work but with Buu as a support character the same way Gohan is for Videl. This would also give Cell a new Dramatic Finish sequence and maybe push them to redo Goku's against Kid Buu.

SejinPK wrote:
Also, I would LOVE! to have Roshi in the game. I think he'd be really fun, and they could make him pretty versatile/varied.

He was somewhat useful in Super (though I personally hated how they ruined the Mafuba) so why not? A decent moveset, a cool super attack (Bulky Kamehameha) and a Dramatic Finish against GT Goku (though this one would be better if there was a alternate Jackie Chun skin like with pre-haircut Videl).
SejinPK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:09 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Thinking about it some more, maybe Satan could work but with Buu as a support character the same way Gohan is for Videl.

That's a really fun idea!

NJ_ wrote:
He was somewhat useful in Super (though I personally hated how they ruined the Mafuba) so why not? A decent moveset, a cool super attack (Bulky Kamehameha) and a Dramatic Finish against GT Goku (though this one would be better if there was a alternate Jackie Chun skin like with pre-haircut Videl).

I haven't actually seen Super, I was mainly thinking of Roshi as Jackie Chun from that first tournament in Dragonball. He's got a number of different attacks and fighting styles that could make his moveset really varied. Off the top of my head, drunken boxing, janken, and lightning flash surprise attack! come to mind.

On the same note, I've really been hoping for kid Goku from Dragonball as a playable character, for the same reasons as Roshi. His monkey style and general playfulness could be incorporated to make him an amusing character to use. He could also have a janken move, which you could maybe combo or string if your opponent is Roshi, like multiple rounds of the game. With GT Goku already in the game, though, I feel like this is unlikely. But then again, they do love to keep adding all sorts of different Gokus. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1