• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams 1st English-dubbed Episodes for Somali and the Forest Spirit, 'Science Fel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:23 am Reply with quote
Honestly pretty ridiculous that we only know the leads in Somali because the actors announced their roles online, and that we have zero knowledge of who's in the Science dub for the opposite reason. Not saying CR needs to be blasting promotion for their dubs everywhere, but they can at least provide actual cast lists when all their competition including Netflix is at least capable of the bare minimum of properly crediting people. They really need to do better
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I think Crunchyroll could do a lot better job of announcing when the dubs are out and actually releasing a cast list so it's not just on the VA's to announce it themselves (although even with Funimation it can sometimes be a guessing game).

Used to be they would release at least the main cast but now they're not even bothering to do that.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:30 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

Used to be they would release at least the main cast but now they're not even bothering to do that.

they still do. only shows that haven't had a cast list added to the forums this season have been isekai quartet 2 and Railgun 3
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Yeah, I think Crunchyroll could do a lot better job of announcing when the dubs are out and actually releasing a cast list so it's not just on the VA's to announce it themselves (although even with Funimation it can sometimes be a guessing game).

Yeah. Funi used to release the cast and crew list almost a week beforehand, now you're lucky if you get it the day of.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

Yeah. Funi used to release the cast and crew list almost a week beforehand, now you're lucky if you get it the day of.

I think that was reffering to Crunchyroll, not Funimation. Funi doesn't always post cast lists on their blog, but you can typically find the cast list for every episode of a show on their forums at the very least, so it's still far better than what CR's been doing
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:03 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Divineking"][quote="Punch Drunk Marc"]
MFrontier wrote:
I think that was reffering to Crunchyroll, not Funimation. Funi doesn't always post cast lists on their blog, but you can typically find the cast list for every episode of a show on their forums at the very least, so it's still far better than what CR's been doing

Although those cast lists aren't always updated in my experience, so it still becomes a guessing game until someone confirms their role over social media.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:28 pm Reply with quote
They’ve usually at least put out an announcement tweet about their simuldubs before but I don’t know what’s going on with Crunchyroll that they just dropped these dubs without any announcement at all. Especially since Somali is a Crunchyroll co-pro, you would think they would be doing more to promote it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1