• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Premieres Fire Force Anime's 2nd Season on October 24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh how I missed JoJo on Toonami. Will it be reruns or new episodes?
David Matoushek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:27 pm Reply with quote
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
New, starting this Saturday. Thank goodness that it's coming back too.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:53 pm Reply with quote
David Matoushek wrote:
ZelosZoidberg wrote:
New, starting this Saturday. Thank goodness that it's coming back too.

And at an early timeslot too, at 12:30 right after DB Super.

Great timing too because its coming back with one of the best fights in the series.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy JoJo is coming back but I genuinely do not understand why we're not getting Mob season 2 to follow the season 1 repeat. It's a no-brainer acquisition. All I can think of is that there's some sort of rights nonsense with Crunchyroll.
ECW28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
I'm happy JoJo is coming back but I genuinely do not understand why we're not getting Mob season 2 to follow the season 1 repeat. It's a no-brainer acquisition. All I can think of is that there's some sort of rights nonsense with Crunchyroll.

Actually, they explained it before they announced the Season 1 rerun. Its because II was co-licensed by Crunchyroll and Funimation
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to the return of Jojo Part 5 and Fire Force S2! Also glad that they're not starting up S2 right away; I like that there's going to be more time for episodes to come out and be dubbed, and hopefully that won't cause big delays as what happened with the end part of MHA S4 (and what may happen with Black Clover here very soon). That, and I definitely don't mind having the last half of S1 repeat; that had some of the coolest fights and sequences, and I'm going to love hearing Mayday on TV again (and probably annoying my husband with my singing of it, but eh, he can deal!).
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I loved Fire Force and s2 is already instantly even better than the first one. I guess Toonami is saving the new season of SAO for the fall?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:38 pm Reply with quote
probably not ready yet since Alex von David prefers to take his time and dislikes simuldubs
ECW28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I loved Fire Force and s2 is already instantly even better than the first one. I guess Toonami is saving the new season of SAO for the fall?

I honestly wouldn’t expect that till later in the fall, closer to winter. They already take their time with the dub as is. Pandemic will make that wait longer
ECW28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:49 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
probably not ready yet since Alex von David prefers to take his time and dislikes simuldubs

Its because Funimation is behind on dubbing in general. All these dubs are being done from home, and that takes much longer than your average simuldub. Black Clover may have to take a hiatus from Toonami very soon because of that dubbing schedule
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:58 pm Reply with quote
sorry, I meant Sword Art Online, not Fire Force
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:36 am Reply with quote
ECW28 wrote:
getchman wrote:

Its because Funimation is behind on dubbing in general. All these dubs are being done from home, and that takes much longer than your average simuldub. Black Clover may have to take a hiatus from Toonami very soon because of that dubbing schedule

Yeah, that's almost certainly the reasoning. Toonami made due with MHA reruns until the season finished dubbing, but Toonami isn't real keen on reruns and it happened suddenly enough that there wasn't much choice. I would guess Black Clover will be on hiatus. They did that with JoJo when it became apparent that it would be a while before they could get more episodes. Black Clover had a buffer for a while, but between production delays in Japan and then delays for the dub, they're pretty much caught up.

I'm assuming that Fire Force will be recorded at home, and Funimation likely figured out that it would be October before they had a decent number of episodes ready and I'm sure Toonami isn't interested in getting locked into a week-on week-off schedule or something now that it's pretty obvious this is going to be an issue for the foreseeable future and it's pretty hard to plan a programming schedule if you don't know when you'll have material to air.

I guess it's nice to have some idea of the plan for Fire Force. Two episodes have been dubbed so far, but it seems like the same situation as Listeners where they received an early episode in advance and could record that, but nothing else.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:06 am Reply with quote
theoretically, if by Friday episodes start appearing every other week, then that's nine by the time Oct 24th rolls around. At that point in the year, holidays start impacting toonami and we get a lot of marathons. that's a pretty decent buffer to start with and all the holiday marathons will no doubt work to the Fire Force team's advantage
Lin Liren

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Now with a bit of luck, Stone Ocean will be finished by 2022 (in time for the 10th Anniversary of Tv Animated JoJo), so that we *might* live to see “Part 7: Steel Ball Run” get its adaptation, or more likely, Araki-sensei actually finishing “Part 8: Jojolion” if not finally closing the book on the JoJo saga before old age *finally* does its work on him. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1