• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, August 16-22 [2020-08-18]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, I am really surprised that Udon decided to release Rose of Versailles volume 3 on schedule, especially when volume 2 got delayed quite a while because of COVID. I thought they'd delay volume 3 as well to space things out.

Man, my wallet's going to hurt once I get my paycheck this Friday. So many manga, but not enough shelf space!
tojikomori

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Is Sentai planning to roll out steelbook editions of the full KyoAni oeuvre (or as much as they can license)? Beyond the Boundary is surprising as a stand-alone release – I don’t remember it being all that popular in its time.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:27 pm Reply with quote
tojikomori wrote:
Is Sentai planning to roll out steelbook editions of the full KyoAni oeuvre (or as much as they can license)

In my opinion they will probably try.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:08 am Reply with quote
Didn't know Bottom Tier Character Tomozaki-Kun vol. 4 was coming out. Have to pick that up. That's easily becoming one of my favorite LNs right now. STRONG Oregairu feels with that one.
UDON-EKO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:28 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I have to admit, I am really surprised that Udon decided to release Rose of Versailles volume 3 on schedule, especially when volume 2 got delayed quite a while because of COVID. I thought they'd delay volume 3 as well to space things out.

Erik from UDON here. To answer your question about ROV 2's delay, it is because we cannot ship the book out from our printer when COVID happens back at the end of January in China. The book got printed, but is stuck in the printer's warehouse until we got cleared to ship them over to the US. In the meantime, we get ROV 3 done and also sent to print, and have everything ready to go too, so eventually, ROV 2 & 3 got shipped at the same time when things are rolling again. Thus, only ROV 2 got delayed and not 3.

Thank you once again for your support!! Hope you enjoyed the books!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1