• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: We Swore to Meet in the Next Life and That's When Things Got Weird! GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Ah, reincarnation as an excuse to date someone old enough to be your mom. I'm sure this has its appeal.
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Definitely very sweet. You can say it's not for everyone, but that's every romance.
nemuyoake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:51 pm Reply with quote
The actual French president and his wife were in the same situation (minus reincarnation), so it happens.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:30 pm Reply with quote
nemuyoake wrote:
The actual French president and his wife were in the same situation (minus reincarnation),

And minus the fact the president in question was old enough to the point that his wife being older than him wasn’t really an issue.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Definitely very sweet. You can say it's not for everyone, but that's every romance.

Doesn’t sound romantic at all, it sounds gross.
nemuyoake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:22 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
nemuyoake wrote:
The actual French president and his wife were in the same situation (minus reincarnation),

And minus the fact the president in question was old enough to the point that his wife being older than him wasn’t really an issue.

No, they first dated when he was in HS and she was his teacher.
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:51 am Reply with quote
I don't see the problem here since they have their previous lives memories.So their actual age is current age+plus the age when they died.It's also not gross physically since his body is developed enough(not like all those lolis who look like 10 but are actually 500+ years old)
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:59 am Reply with quote
I don't mind it. He is 17 not 7 so if she wants to marry him just wait a year. The age difference legally isn't that big to worry about.

I do like the lovers reuniting through time and facing social hurdles to their love it is endearing in a way.
AngryMoM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:41 am Reply with quote
Old enough to be his mom? Of course people will try to link age difference to incest. You can say he's dating someone as old as his sister and it'll sound gross too. As long as they are old enough to consent who cares.
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:54 am Reply with quote
AngryMoM wrote:
Old enough to be his mom? Of course people will try to link age difference to incest. You can say he's dating someone as old as his sister and it'll sound gross too. As long as they are old enough to consent who cares.
Yeah as soon as they are old enough to consent the whole age thing becomes irrelevant. Though it is interesting from a story writing perspective.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:14 pm Reply with quote
nemuyoake wrote:

No, they first dated when he was in HS and she was his teacher.

I actually forgot that part of the story.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:59 am Reply with quote
I remember having to watch one of those crappy Mexican soap operas my mother loves and the plot was about a 40s woman falling in love with a 20 years old guy.

I just remembering me eyerolling my eyes and saying "Who the hell cares about age difference in our times?".

Well, looks like there are people who cares, impresive.
nDroae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:45 pm Reply with quote
If "care" includes reactions such as "That synopsis makes this an instant must-read," I care very much.

Actually, I think this will be the first time I've ever picked up a manga discovered through ANN. Anime catgrin
Chrizy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:57 am Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
I remember having to watch one of those crappy Mexican soap operas my mother loves and the plot was about a 40s woman falling in love with a 20 years old guy.

I just remembering me eyerolling my eyes and saying "Who the hell cares about age difference in our times?".

Well, looks like there are people who cares, impresive.
It's the USA folks and their tendencies to get triggered.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1