• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Anime Film's English Dub Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I wish Aniplex could have done a PPV option for home-viewing, but after that never happened with Heaven's Feel III, I didn't expect it to happen here. I honestly feel kinda bad for the people involved in distributing this in the US. Any other year, they could have really pushed for it with marketing, getting more showings, etc... but saying its not worth all that extra effort this year is kind of an understatement.

Also random question for anyone who's seen the dub, I haven't seen more than a few episodes, but did Aleks Le's Zenitsu always sound that deep? I remember his voice being much higher here and it really caught me off guard.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:08 pm Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
Also random question for anyone who's seen the dub, I haven't seen more than a few episodes, but did Aleks Le's Zenitsu always sound that deep? I remember his voice being much higher here and it really caught me off guard.
No, for the dub, it definitely wasn't that deep for most of the series, coming off more high-pitched and squeaky. He only really went that deep when Zenitsu was in his "sleep" mode, which is what I think it's happening here. Although, even compared to some clips I had to re-watch of the dub to recall this, this one line was spoken a bit deeper than even what I've seen before, but could be wanting to inflect the important context of the line as well.
SP654

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Well I’m glad it’s coming early this year but still there’s the issue with all the theaters in New York still closed
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:42 pm Reply with quote
There's Zach's bloody shrill at the end of the trailer probably blew out this voice.
TheArsonAut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Bang Zoom dub.........

Last edited by TheArsonAut on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Demon Slayer is a Bang Zoom dub.
TheArsonAut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Demon Slayer is a Bang Zoom dub.

Oh hey that's interesting information, very interesting, I've never heard that one before, I guess you're always learning in this stuff, the rabbit hole goes deeper and deeper. I must say, I've looked at their list of dubs and universally liked all the others they've done. Merely the Demon Slayer dub is atrocious imo.

Dragonball Super, Puella, JoJo, SAO, Toradora, GITS, all my favorite dubs pretty much ever. They screwed up Demon Slayer horribly though, it was definitely geared towards small kids which is a complete misreading of the original show imo.

Yeah, thanks man, very informative post, thank you.

Looks like it's actually an Aniplex through Bang Zoom thing...but I swear it was on Funi's site. Yep, there it is. I guess I don't understand the particulars of these contracts and deals. Honestly your point is so informative I wish I would've read that mentioned somewhere else, maybe I missed it.

OPM, Your Lie in April, TTGL, KLK, FSN, BE. All excellent dubs. I stand by my point though. The sub is infinitely superior.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1