• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tomonobu Itagaki Establishes New Itagaki Games Studio

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:16 pm Reply with quote
oh, he is the guy who told me to stop being rude in facebook. glad to see he is still doing games, i hope he has positive chemistry in his new studio as neither him not team ninja have been doing good after the separation.

for the anecdote

itagaki posted a picture of ayane in his facebook wall, someone asked who she was, so i answered omae no kaasan and thats when itagaki told me to not be rude
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:57 am Reply with quote
I just watched a video yesterday about the Wii U becoming a bit of a collector's item and it mentioned Devil's Third. But that was about how the game was like $100 despite not being very good.

I'm sure he is open to the idea of a purchase from Microsoft since it would solve the funding problem, but unless his new studio is already underway with something interesting, I don't know what they'd get from it. Team Ninja seems to get along fine without him, and the last studio he founded didn't produce much of significance. If Microsoft is comfortable spending billions to acquire a bigger company with lots of IP like Bethesda, I don't know that they are in the market for start up company with nothing bankable to its name.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I'd be excited about this if all of his post-Team Ninja games weren't dreadful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1