• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Reincarnated as the Last of my Kind LN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. Personally I prefer starting as a baby instead of reawakened memories a few years down the road. I always wonder what happened to the original person :/
RenimLS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:15 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I always wonder what happened to the original person :/

A lot of series simply gloss over that with the original personality disappearing. Other series though have taken various approaches with it. The ones I can think of are:

A) The memories of their past life are added to their memories, which causes a change in personality to be like their past self.
B) The memories of their past life is added to their memories, but their personality doesn't change because their personalities were the same before and after reincarnation.
C) The memories of their past life overwrites their present memories, thus the past personality is lost. Some variants of this has them overtime regaining the memories that were overwritten.
D) Their past self awakens as a separate personality and guides their present self, but the two remain as separate minds existing in one body. How much influence their past self has can vary and can be as weak as simply being a feeling that strikes the present personality or it can be as if they were a full fledged second person that can actively talk to the present personality.

I usually don't care as much with starting the characters as a baby, but they can be interesting if the story also delves into aspects where the physical body can influence their presonality. Not a lot of series do that though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1