• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion's Hideaki Anno Writes, Directs Shin Kamen Rider Film for March 2023

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:51 am Reply with quote
First Shin Godzilla then Shin Ultraman now Shin Kamen Rider. Whats next, Shin Gorenger?
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:58 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
First Shin Godzilla then Shin Ultraman now Shin Kamen Rider. Whats next, Shin Gorenger?

Shin Mazinger Z...wait
Vahneris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:12 am Reply with quote
TexZero wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:

Shin Mazinger Z...wait

Shin Doraemon
Abraham Omosun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:22 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:

Shin Shinji seems like a natural progression to me..
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:50 am Reply with quote
I have no words...

Hideaki Anno got Godzilla, Ultraman, and now Kamen Rider. Talk about "once in a lifetime."

Kamen Rider's 50th Anniversary is no joke between this, the W anime, and the Black reboot. Toei really went all-out. They also managed to cover each generation with these projects, not counting Reiwa since that's only 2 shows in and still new.
Aresef

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:13 am Reply with quote
I hope there’s some way for this to come to R1.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:31 am Reply with quote
At this rate, they'll hire Anno to complete Satoshi Kon's Dream Machine.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:40 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:

My guess would be Shin Gundam, so that Anno can then culminate everything with Shin The Great Battle.

Yes, this has all been nothing more than a ploy for Anno to make a live-action movie adaptation of the old Banpresto game series that featured Ultraman, Kamen Rider, & Gundam (& Godzilla, for the fun of it)!
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:51 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:

As others said, Gundam sounds like a likely candidate, Space Battleship Yamato it's also possible since I heard it's Anno's favourite show. As for me, I'm hoping for a Bandai Cinematic Universe Laughing
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:57 am Reply with quote
As anyone who's read Insufficient Direction knows, Hideaki "Director-kun" Anno is a huge Kamen Rider fan, so this seems like a no-brainer to me.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Well Shin Godzilla got a theatrical release so hopefully this and Ultraman get something like that here too.
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:36 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
I have no words...

Hideaki Anno got Godzilla, Ultraman, and now Kamen Rider. Talk about "once in a lifetime."

Kamen Rider's 50th Anniversary is no joke between this, the W anime, and the Black reboot. Toei really went all-out. They also managed to cover each generation with these projects, not counting Reiwa since that's only 2 shows in and still new.

There's no other guy who's a big-enough nerd to be able to pull this stuff off. Anno's Shin Ultraman doesn't have his Color Timer--because the original Ultraman design docs didn't have it until the very last minute. This guy does not mess around with his favorites.

I am extremely excited for this. I can only imagine how thrilled Anno must be to play with his favorite toys like this.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:35 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
I have no words...

Haven't watched Kamen Rider since Gail. Was always meaning to watch Drive, Build, Zi-o, and Saber... Really feeling the hype today though especially since W is my favorite Rider and Zi-O didn't do much with them. Hope they get the original actors back to voice them.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:18 pm Reply with quote
FinalVentCard wrote:
TranceLimit174 wrote:
I have no words...

There's no other guy who's a big-enough nerd to be able to pull this stuff off. Anno's Shin Ultraman doesn't have his Color Timer--because the original Ultraman design docs didn't have it until the very last minute. This guy does not mess around with his favorites.

I am extremely excited for this. I can only imagine how thrilled Anno must be to play with his favorite toys like this.

Yeah, if there's one person to trust with these properties Anno is easily the best choice.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Shin Godzilla, Shin Ultraman, Shin Kamen Rider.

All we need is Shin Gunbuster 3 (Gaina selling it to a Dummy Company be damned) and even a Shin Space Battle Ship Yamato (Due to Anno's love of Yamato) so that Anno can finally retire in peace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2