• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fena: Pirate Princess Anime Debuts on August 14 on Crunchyroll, Toonami

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:21 am Reply with quote
Oooh, a Toonami showing?! Awesome! Now I have a reason to go back to it after so long!
RemGalleuSimp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:22 am Reply with quote
No DUB Option for anyone outside of the States, that's just great. Show us you dont care about DUB watchers without telling us you dont care.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:49 am Reply with quote
Mostly a cast of new names, but Brittany Cox as Fena makes me think Ingrid as a pirate.

Also, the Toonami promo mentioned "season 1" so this might be a 2-cour production?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Woot! Can't wait to give this a watch. I was super excited for it when it was first announced, and everything since has just increased that excitement.

I'm curious what will be joining it on the block, however. Dr. STONE S2 and Food Wars S3 will be ending over the next two weekends, and they're doing a block of Harley Quinn on the 7th, so when we get back to the usual schedule on the 14th, there's going to be one more spot to fill. I'm hoping for Assassination Classroom S2 or Mob Psycho 100 S2, but maybe it'll be Food Wars S4. If it's dubbed already, I mean.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:45 pm Reply with quote
This has been the first Crunchyroll original that I've been super excited for rather than just lukewarm on. It reminds me a lot of the pirate arc of Yona of the Dawn. Maybe it's because AS is helping out, but I hope the final show is just as good as the trailers make it out to be.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I will be reserving a spot on my viewing roster for the season for this one. . .

And a Yuki Kajiura score is always a plus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Madster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:46 pm Reply with quote
A Crunchyroll Original that actually looks great and has a dub with some new faces? Count me in.

MagicPolly wrote:
This has been the first Crunchyroll original that I've been super excited for rather than just lukewarm on. It reminds me a lot of the pirate arc of Yona of the Dawn. Maybe it's because AS is helping out, but I hope the final show is just as good as the trailers make it out to be.

Without sounding like some sort of anime industry intellectual, I imagine CR's involvement in this is the equivalent of a student doing the bare minimum on a school project but still puts their name in big words when it's done.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious about the cast, these are relatively new names I know nothing about so I'd love to hear their performances.

jamiex304 wrote:
No DUB Option for anyone outside of the States, that's just great. Show us you dont care about DUB watchers without telling us you dont care.
Welp, I guess I'll have to pirate this one then. How ironic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1