• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Key's 1st Crossover TV Anime Kaginado Reveals Cast, Staff, October 12 Debut

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly251

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:31 am Reply with quote
so Key version of Isekai Quartet?

Count me interested.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:52 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't have doubted their ability to get as much cast back as they could in the slightest, though I am curious who will return and who will be recasted in the event this gets simuldubbed. Outside of Vic getting replaced as Yukito, obviously.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:46 am Reply with quote
As a note, Kano’s VA is also not returning.
But that’s because her VA retired.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:05 am Reply with quote
Should any of those get (another) remake?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:47 am Reply with quote
Would love to see Kanna/Uruha/Ryuuya from Air's 'Summer' arc as well involved.

I'd probably expect some ONE/Moon cameos as well.
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Well that looks potentially entertaining.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:30 pm Reply with quote
A crossover of cuteness!

Curious to see if this will get dubbed.
FlyingOrange

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Nice to get a confirmation that Planetarian will be there. I guess that just leaves the characters from Key's anime original shows (P.A. Works trilogy of Angel Beats, Charlotte and Kamisama ni Natta Hi) and their unadapted VNs (Harmonia and Summer Pockets).
Takkun4343 wrote:
I wouldn't have doubted their ability to get as much cast back as they could in the slightest, though I am curious who will return and who will be recasted in the event this gets simuldubbed. Outside of Vic getting replaced as Yukito, obviously.

MFrontier wrote:
Curious to see if this will get dubbed.

If they do dub it, it'll be interesting to see who they'll cast for Rewrite since it doesn't have a dub.
Saiphaz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Huh, wonder why Angel Beats didn't make the cut while Rewrite did. I know both are Key works, but pretty sure AB is more strongly associated with Key than Rewrite, which had guest writers.

Not that I'm complaining. To even get Kanon and Air, which predate many of the younger viewers, this is truly a love letter to the fans that stuck with the company from its humble beginnings.
Cryten

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking with the poster featuring only 1 guy. That it would be an interesting joke for key series to have the MC of every Key series turn out to be this one same brown haired dude. Since the MC is often the least interesting of the entire cast in a key show.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Though a big long-time fan of most of this excluding Rewrite, I can't think of any reason I or anybody would be interested in this "thing". Actually, I have negative interest, so someone care to explain in more than a sentence that doesn't involve money or passive curiosity? As some people ask, "Who asked for this?" Confused
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
I was thinking with the poster featuring only 1 guy. That it would be an interesting joke for key series to have the MC of every Key series turn out to be this one same brown haired dude. Since the MC is often the least interesting of the entire cast in a key show.

Key protagonists are actually usually pretty good. Only Riki of Little Busters is what I'd think of as not interesting/milquetoast, and that's more out of necessity of the story than anything (Kyousuke more than makes up for it anyway).
Cryten

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I didn't say not good, I said least interesting. With a lot of them functioning as a kind of teasing older brother character.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Though a big long-time fan of most of this excluding Rewrite, I can't think of any reason I or anybody would be interested in this "thing". Actually, I have negative interest, so someone care to explain in more than a sentence that doesn't involve money or passive curiosity? As some people ask, "Who asked for this?" Confused

This is undoubtedly feeding off of the success of Isekai Quartet. Even discounting that, it's an opportunity to see characters who were, in many cases, involved in tearjerker storylines in a setting where they can just be cute and fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why fans might want to see more of characters they like, especially (hopefully) if you're also a fan yourself. It's like asking why they made those fun little short stories for Little Busters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2