• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Quest X Offline Version Launches on February 26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otastorian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:18 am Reply with quote
"Hey cool now release it in the US already"
- Grimvice, 2019
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:06 pm Reply with quote
I can imagine this will be enjoyed just as much as the FFXV Pocket Edition was. Confused
MKVarana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:44 am Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
I can imagine this will be enjoyed just as much as the FFXV Pocket Edition was. Confused

As someone who's been playing the online version for years, I'm actually really happy that this is going to exist. The biggest reason being that it has an enjoyable story akin to any other modern DQ game, and I always regretted that the story would be lost when the servers are inevitably shut down, so having an offline version will cement DQX in its rightful place amongst the numbered DQ games going forward.

The other main reason I'm glad it exists (not counting that it'll be a lot more likely to get localized than the online version) is that our party, at least in V1 (they didn't say if they'll be permanent across the versions [which will be DLC; V2 coming out Spring 2022] or not) is going to consist of characters who play important roles in each of the 5 race-specific questlines. In the online version, we can play with other people, one of our tamed monsters, and/or AI versions of other people's characters that we rent, so this will potentially add a lot of additional character development for these characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1