• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Winter 2022, Feb 5-11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
We can see many things from our weekly user rankings, but how did Platinum End get a second cour is not one of them.

They wanted to make a full adaptation, and they're giving it to us, whether we like it or not.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:33 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Quote:
We can see many things from our weekly user rankings, but how did Platinum End get a second cour is not one of them.

They wanted to make a full adaptation, and they're giving it to us, whether we like it or not.

Heh. Usually when I publish these rankings I try to find something to say about the recent swings, but this season is remarkably stable. If you look at the weekly ranking, series that started at the top stay at the top every week, series that started in the middle stay in the middle every week. I didn't have much to say except to make some snarky comment about Platinum End. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:24 am Reply with quote
Remarkably stable except that, for example, Slow Loop fell eleven spots in a week. That's why I find it hard to take these ratings seriously.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:30 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
Remarkably stable except that, for example, Slow Loop fell eleven spots in a week. That's why I find it hard to take these ratings seriously.

I do take these rankings seriously because they usually reflect what fans like and dislike.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:04 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:

I would have made a comment about that, except the main reason is that the review for that episode is not out yet, so there's far fewer votes and the ranking for ep 6 is likely to change next week when additional votes are incorporated. Previously the rankings would have a "pending review" note for these situations, but that will no longer happen since it's now possible to vote even without a review.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
yuna49 wrote:

I would have made a comment about that, except the main reason is that the review for that episode is not out yet, so there's far fewer votes and the ranking for ep 6 is likely to change next week when additional votes are incorporated. Previously the rankings would have a "pending review" note for these situations, but that will no longer happen since it's now possible to vote even without a review.

And I am pretty certain that people that are fans of say "Attack on Titan" Vote 5 stars for it every time, then go and vote 1 star for shows they do not even watch. Unfortunately it is not possible to get people to fairly vote for only shows they watch. Not defending Platinum End, though! I only vote on shows I watch, and you will not see me voting down episodes I do not watch, nearing season end if I am still watching something I am probably ranking it 3.5 or better, because if I did not have a good opinion of it I would not still be watching it.

In short, I do not think people are doing honest polling of episodes they actually have watched.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Delicious Party Pretty Cure deserves better. I mean, at least it deserves to be ranked higher than Platinum End and World's End Harem (neither of which I've watched but I've heard almost nothing but bad things about).

Delicious. Party. Pretty. Cure. Deserves. Better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1