• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Comments on Relisted Titles, New Release Schedule

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
I just hope Cromartie and Wallflower get finished. Other than those, I feel it's Tokyopop which has been screwing with me on release dates. [*cough* Lupin WMW 10 *cough* If anyone at ANN knows what's going on with that one, I'd really appreciate you letting me know.]
Serge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I just hope Cromartie and Wallflower get finished. Other than those, I feel it's Tokyopop which has been screwing with me on release dates. [*cough* Lupin WMW 10 *cough* If anyone at ANN knows what's going on with that one, I'd really appreciate you letting me know.]

Cromartie was already done, a long time ago.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quote
Serge wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Methinks he's talking about the manga.
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quote
Serge wrote:

I think he is talking about the Manga, which in fact it seems the release of new volumes has been getting more and more random.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote
I suspect we may never hear more about the exact circumstances of the situation than this, but these comments do help clear up some of the most commonly-voiced concerns. Maybe this will be enough to pull the more jittery fans all the way back from panic mode?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yuukichan's Papa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I suspect we may never hear more about the exact circumstances of the situation than this, but these comments do help clear up some of the most commonly-voiced concerns. Maybe this will be enough to pull the more jittery fans all the way back from panic mode?

It's enough for me, at least. Of course, the only title of ADV's I was concerned about was Gurren Lagann anyway, seeing as how the past couple years it's been Funimation, Bandai, and Geneon (doh!) that have been licensing stuff I've been interested in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mach747

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Yeah I suppose your right. Tho it is still kinda unsettling. If ARM is still an investor and ADV is not restructuring; how did this whole hiccup happen? Oh well.

WTB GL please Anime smile
Ryokosha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote
I think once everything including Gurren Lagann has a new release date, and maybe in a month if this doesn't happen again people will be more at ease, but some I've talked to recently about this off line are still refusing to stand down from red alert.

As one told me it's too soon after Geneon went for them to be calm when they see another company delaying releases then saying nothing about why things were delayed once releases start to stagger back out the gate.

Yet for my own take, I'm more at ease that at least the titles I am currently collecting from them will get finished in release and that ADV will still be around for now at least.
Ahasuerus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:17 am Reply with quote
I'm glad that someone from ADV finally came forward and gave us the word along with some degree of certainty about the future. Much confusion and concern could have been avoided with just a few sentences from the company at the time of the product deletion. As mentioned above, with Geneon's recent departure from the scene, a lot of fans are justifiably worried, especially those with orders in the pipeline.

At any rate, I'm grateful that Mr. Bailiff came forward with this information. Now, at least, we know what to expect (for the most part). Hopefully updates will be forthcoming with regard to those titles MIA.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I was referring to the manga. And I knew ADV was doing fine. They wouldn't be working on the new Appleseed for WB if they were in dire straits.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
No Gurren Lagann?

NO SAFETY!!

As far as I'm concerned, untill I have GL #1 in my hands, ADV's still goin' to hell in a handbasket.
I also don't like what he's implying with the news blackout. because I think he just said the "weeaboo" word of business, "Red tape"
Ryokosha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quote
Somewhat mentioned in my last post, but to fully calm people, I think they need to come out with some small sign that this won't happen again, at least not right away.

Not sure what that is, but promises and sudden new release dates for titles delayed with no reasons even hinted at as to what could have been the cause of delays only makes people breath a deep sigh, doesn't really calm a lot of nerves.

They need some stronger sign then vague promises of exciting things to come to sooth most I think, maybe a release date for Gurren Lagann or finally one for Keroro Gunso, something stronger then "exciting things to come", which even if true, until it happens won't calm nerves.

Even from my take they only calmed me down a bit, the more I hear about what has not yet been said about various titles the more I am in a cautious wait and see mode.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:41 am Reply with quote
I've said it once an' i'll do it again, ADV need to buck thier ideas up in regards to hoickin' thier wares.
I want to buy GL, DMC and Keroro Gunsou.
Whilst I would love to support ADV, if they don't release the crap, then I can't buy it.

And DMC#1 with DMC4 Special Edition doesn't count.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

While I'm glad we got some substantial information at last, the idea of Gurren Lagann still being stuck in negotiations is a little unsettling. Not all negotiations work in our favor and I'm sure it wasn't something ADV wanted to go through with. Hopefully whatever results doesn't cause too much (or any) changes to the final product. Hopefully the can come to a speedy resolution, it's already felt like a long wait.

Emerje
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote
GATSU: Wallflower manga is published by Del Rey, not ADV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5