• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funny Names in Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaritLage

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Imagine for a second , cos people name their kids all kind of stupid things . "My kid·s name is Destiny!" _ "Oh yeah?! My kid·s named Destiné!" I mean in India there·s a guy named Batman bin Suparman and in America there·s a white guy named Lakshmi . People name their kids all kind of stupid names but that doesn·t stop life from steamrollin· over ·em just the same .

Ok so now imagine that , in the next 120 years there·s some country bumpkin with a fish named Halo 2 , and he goes and names his kid App . And then App goes and gets himself killed in a tragic backstory one day , but the story keeps on rolling ! Now you·ve got this guy , he·s goin· around savin· people , doing the costume thing , and when it finally gets to the origin story bit you·ve got this guy on his hands and knees , screaming up to the heavens in a rainy alleyway , "App. App! AAAAAAPP!!"

And you smile , because i·ve written this in the tone of a comedy routine , but what are you gonna do when the names all start getting whittled off the list until now it·s your turn to mourn for poor App .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1