• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer Anime's Short Trailer Reveals July 8 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmanatunga

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Super pumped for this. Hopefully it is a big success and maybe Spirit Circle, and dare I wish it, Sengoku Youko.
cchigu

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:14 pm Reply with quote
My god, it is NAZ. GG.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this is more like ID Invaded and less like Dramatical Murder in terms of production values.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:43 pm Reply with quote
This was such a highly requested title that I expected some good production values, but there's astoundingly little animation in that trailer. Hope the full product lives up to expectations.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I've heard good things about it, but not a very impressive PV.
Cimarosa

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:11 am Reply with quote
The animation looks abysmal from the trailer. It's clear as day that production is not only going to be rushed but will lack the necessary staff to animate all the action setpieces because in this industry of dreadfully low pay, it's all about connections and I doubt any animator wants to do the kind of action set pieces this kind of production needs with such horrible rates. It's such a damn shame too. Such a great manga that so many people wanted animated for ages get rushed out with poor production values(those still shots of the action sequences in the PV don't inspire any confidence) because big corporations and streaming services all need an endless stream of content is why I have no faith in nearly all productions that come out these days. I expect production to collapse mid-way through and even the endless outsourcing won't save this disaster from happening. Damn shame really.
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:24 am Reply with quote
Oof, I adore the manga, but the minimal animation in that trailer is making me more worried than excited.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Cimarosa wrote:
The animation looks abysmal from the trailer. [...] Damn shame really.

Personally, I'm more worried about the manga story - which they say they're gonna adapt all of - being rushed to the point of being a second Hakyu Hoshin Engi over any degree of animation issues, as valid as those worries are in and of themselves.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Cimarosa wrote:

Personally, I'm more worried about the manga story - which they say they're gonna adapt all of - being rushed to the point of being a second Hakyu Hoshin Engi over any degree of animation issues, as valid as those worries are in and of themselves.

We don't yet know how many cours the series will be. If it's only one, then yeah, there's no way it can do the manga justice and we'll be looking at a butchering on the level of Promised Neverland 2. Hopefully they have the good sense to make it longer.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:40 am Reply with quote
I can feel it guys... Its the second coming of TPN S2 Shocked
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:43 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Hopefully this is more like ID Invaded and less like Dramatical Murder in terms of production values.

or Anglomois's production values which was NAZ's best if we excluded ID and Bisco because those were by another staff.

Last edited by Todd_Harry08 on Sun May 22, 2022 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Todd_Harry08

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:50 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Cimarosa wrote:

the author is still involved with the writing process of the anime so don't worry about it.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:10 am Reply with quote
Todd_Harry08 wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

or Anglomois's production values which was NAZ's best if we excluded ID and Bisco because those were by another staff.

Much of Angolmois's animation is also outsourced to Jumondo, so I doubt NAZ will do much with this show and its position into the animation production is merely ceremonial the same way Deen and TMS are in The Seven Deadly Sins' later seasons and Rent-A-Girlfriend where virtually all of the animation works were handled by Marvy Jack and Studio Comet, respectively.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:18 am Reply with quote
That looked dreadful, rip.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 1:00 pm Reply with quote
All we can do is hope for the best, and even if the worst happens, just be glad it was chosen to be adapted and we got a chance for our characters to be animated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1