• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki Northern War Anime's 1st Promo Video Reveals Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:55 am Reply with quote
Like I already said somewhere else, even if I hadn't been into the games since 2016, I would be curious about this!

And, really like the fact that no, we don't need to really see any of the charas from the games. The world is a lot bigger than what's going on with Rean & co.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
b-dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I think this is interesting- but I'm not sure why this story needs to be told. A midquel sidestory to an already completed arc, while a new one is ongoing? Completionists like me will appreciate it, but it seems an odd choice. Not that Falcom hasn't made a few of those in recent times.
Matcha.8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Legend of Heroes is one of my favorite game series. So I'll be checking this out when it comes out. That said, can't say that I'm very excited based on this trailer alone; the animation looks functional at best and the character designs are not on par with those from the games. Hopefully at least the story will be interesting.

b-dragon wrote:
I think this is interesting- but I'm not sure why this story needs to be told. A midquel sidestory to an already completed arc, while a new one is ongoing? Completionists like me will appreciate it, but it seems an odd choice. Not that Falcom hasn't made a few of those in recent times.

Considering the zero/ao and cold steel arcs somewhat overlap in terms of timeline, the newest games (what's ongoing) that Falcom is putting out doesn't necessarily equate to huge leaps in terms of the series fictional timeline; not that I'm familiar with what point of the timeline Kuro is set in since we haven't got it here yet.
09jcg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:14 pm Reply with quote
b-dragon wrote:
I feel the opposite. The missing North Ambria story was a very glaring hole in the story. It felt like they ran out of time to show it in the games. I would go as far as saying it was such a massive part of the plot that it probably needed a game itself. This is fixing a major issue in the story
b-dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:36 pm Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
b-dragon wrote:
I feel the opposite. The missing North Ambria story was a very glaring hole in the story. It felt like they ran out of time to show it in the games. I would go as far as saying it was such a massive part of the plot that it probably needed a game itself. This is fixing a major issue in the story

The missing North Ambria story had a place and time- it could have been told. I'm not upset that they didn't. I could argue either way. The specifics were decently deployed as a mystery of sorts in CS3-what was the war, and why is Rean scared of his ability again? But I'm not confused that this story is being told- I'm just not sure why its told now. The series has moved to Calvard, and a new group of characters, after a few years time (don't know the exact timeframe.) Given that part of the anime's purpose is certainly financial- to draw in new potential players- why start in the middle of the previous arc? So that the next chronological bit is CS3, which is a terrible place to start if you are new to the series. Its a bizarre bit of decisionmaking to me.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised after the first key visual there wasn't a shot focusing on the female leads' butt.

Iseria looks fun.
09jcg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:09 pm Reply with quote
b-dragon wrote:
09jcg wrote:
b-dragon wrote:

The missing North Ambria story had a place and time- it could have been told. I'm not upset that they didn't. I could argue either way. The specifics were decently deployed as a mystery of sorts in CS3-what was the war, and why is Rean scared of his ability again? But I'm not confused that this story is being told- I'm just not sure why its told now. The series has moved to Calvard, and a new group of characters, after a few years time (don't know the exact timeframe.) Given that part of the anime's purpose is certainly financial- to draw in new potential players- why start in the middle of the previous arc? So that the next chronological bit is CS3, which is a terrible place to start if you are new to the series. Its a bizarre bit of decisionmaking to me.
I mean as far as Financials is concerned, this is pretty in keeping with the trails franchise The story is massive with no easy point of entry. Drawing new fans seems to be at the bottom of their list when making story decisions. Even cold steel, which on the surface seemed like a good point of entry essentialy turned into the Avengers Endgame of gaming with CS4 pulling in characters from all entries in the franchise
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:08 am Reply with quote
The animation looks stiff in many places. It's not a good sign when you're using quite a few face close-ups in your very first trailer. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1