• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Overwatch 2 Launches One Punch Man Collab in March

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiseweeb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I guess Murata saw all the abuse and harassment at Blizzard and said "Yeah, that's a company I want to associate my series with"
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:30 pm Reply with quote
wiseweeb wrote:
I guess Murata saw all the abuse and harassment at Blizzard and said "Yeah, that's a company I want to associate my series with"

You do realize Murata does not own the rights to the franchise and does not control everything that happens to it, right?
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:57 pm Reply with quote
wiseweeb wrote:

A video game isn't like a manga or a book where the work is done by an individual (and likely editors). A huge number of people put time, effort, and passion into making games so it seems pretty shitty to go to the huge number of people who are not abusers or harassers and tell all of them that their years of work needs to die.

If this was a case like the Kenshin author being caught with CP and not wanting to support anything Kenshin because it can still all be attributed to that author, I can at least understand where you're coming from. For a big collaborative work like a movie, series, or game, some individuals being found to have done something unacceptable and subsequently removed should be enough. I realize it wasn't just a single person at Blizzard. However, offenders are being removed, and it isn't every single person who touched any of their products.

Your idea of burn it all to the ground will hurt everyone involved and not just the offenders and the executives who turned a blind eye. The latter I'm sure have enough money to be well off anyway even if Blizzard vanished tomorrow. What about everyone else they employ? Anyone who can trivially get an equivalent or higher paying job at a better company with a better work environment should be doing that already. A lot of people need and want their jobs because they can't do that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1