• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Drawn & Quarterly to Release Yokai: Art of Shigeru Mizuki Book in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triltaison

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I am beyond thrilled to hear this news!

Mizuki is one of my absolute favorites and I've desperately wanted some of his yokai compendiums in English. I know it says Davisson is including supplementary material, but was it specified what sort of material? I know several places like Spain and France have translated encyclopedia entries for the depicted yokai as a sort of field guide, which I've always hoped would happen in English. The preview only seems to be the art panels though, so I wonder if the supplementary material is more akin to academic essays.
zackdavisson
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm writing an introductory essay as well as short Yokai Files for all the pictures.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:40 am Reply with quote
zackdavisson wrote:
I'm writing an introductory essay as well as short Yokai Files for all the pictures.

Thanks so much for the clarification! And while I'm at it, thanks for all your work helping to bring classic manga to the English speaking world. I own several of the series you've worked on and greatly appreciate all the effort. I'll be sure to add this book to my Mizuki collection, too. Thanks again!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1