• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - April 26 - May 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Too be perfectly honest, reading Brian comments are more interesting the dates of the shows. Brian's comments on Blue Dragon are both surprizing and interesting. Surprizing since I thought Blue Dragon was for five year olds and interesting because of Brian's comments.

Nice work, as usual I enjoyed reading your commentary Brian.

Not this has anything to do with The Click, but this is the first time I posted about The Click.
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quote
While it's another great entry for the coming week as always. I'm greatly disappointed in the potential that Code Geass would be coming to YTV this coming Friday. I really hope we get something new soon on Cable TV. Death Note is apparently hitting its low point -spoiler[ following L's death,] however this is based on what I've heard, I'm still looking forward to it. Otherwise, there's not much else besides Naruto "Yay?".
MokonaModoki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote
That episode of Pokemon listed for midnight tonight on ye' olde east coast sounds an awful lot like an episode of Shin Chan.

But if Shin really was on Pokemon there would probably a lot of good jokes about pokeballs.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:49 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen it yet, but the ratings for Code Geass in the Encyclopedia would have me believe that it's a bit better than how Brian is describing it. =]
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:08 am Reply with quote
I for one am looking forward to Code Geass, even with the crummy time slot (that's what DVR's are for!). Being both a mech AND a CLAMP fan, I am looking forward to it. CN giving short shrift to anime? Shock! Rolling Eyes
I watch virtually every anime they carry, but then again, I am not a part of the Nielsens rating system.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote
Hooray for almost completely snubbing TWC & Karas ... soon they will be relegated to the land of lost socks and time disclosures.

Wasn't Bleach's big reveal was last week, or is there yet another real bad guy out there commanding the spoilerific one? I hope not, there is almost nothing worse (Naruto fillers end when again?) than devolving into a real-and-this-time-we-mean-it bad guy of the week show.

MokonaModoki wrote:
That episode of Pokemon listed for midnight tonight on ye' olde east coast sounds an awful lot like an episode of Shin Chan.

But if Shin really was on Pokemon there would probably a lot of good jokes about pokeballs.
Sounds like a better cross-promotion than Shin Wars.

Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
To be perfectly honest, reading Brian comments are more interesting the dates of the shows. Brian's comments on Blue Dragon are both surprizing and interesting. Surprizing since I thought Blue Dragon was for five year olds and interesting because of Brian's comments.
So is the offending character actually on this week or are folks just getting all hot and bothered for a season 2 appearance?

Quote:
But, um. New show!!! Get excited!!! Pump your fists in the air with all due vigilance and power, and bellow unto the heavens: "AWESOME!"
According to my prayer-book, the line after raising your fist reads "For any new anime on tv must be a good thing."
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
So when they're showing Karas, are they only showing part 1? 'Cause it makes no sense without part 2 (which for some reason was released 2 years later...).

Hmm... Code Geass... I really wanted to like that series, 'cause it looked high-quality, but the ultra-nationalist feel to it turned me off big time. "Nihon Banzai! Let's blow ourselves up and defeat the Ameri-, er, Brittanians!" *shudder*
newborntoanime

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I've seen Bakugan and it is probably the most idiotic excuse for an attempted anime I've ever seen. I watch it for it's idiocy. This episode that aired this morning has left me at a loss for words.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote
newborntoanime wrote:
I've seen Bakugan and it is probably the most idiotic excuse for an attempted anime I've ever seen. I watch it for it's idiocy. This episode that aired this morning has left me at a loss for words.

I agree with you completely. What happened to quality and decent plots?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:

Wasn't Bleach's big reveal was last week, or is there yet another real bad guy out there commanding the spoilerific one? I hope not, there is almost nothing worse (Naruto fillers end when again?) than devolving into a real-and-this-time-we-mean-it bad guy of the week show.

It's talking about the one from last week, but its best not assume that everyone has already seen it, so that's why (I assume) he didn't use the actual name.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I was confused about the Pokemon=Shin Chan thing too. Speaking of ShinChan, the animation (for the first time i've noticed) went from new looking to old again. Is that common?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ClichedUsername

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Yeah I was confused about the Pokemon=Shin Chan thing too. Speaking of ShinChan, the animation (for the first time i've noticed) went from new looking to old again. Is that common?

I'm pretty sure that's common. I think I read somewhere saying Funimation selects various episodes regardless of broadcast to dub over. So one night you might see an episode made in 1992, while in the next night you'll see one made in 1997 depending on for which episodes the team writes humor for.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote
I would really like to thank Viz's QC department for making this week's Death Note episode one of the funniest ever (not sarcasm, I had to pause it to let the laughter subside.) That said, before the DVD comes out, perhaps you folks should decide if the FBI agent's real name is Rally Connors (per the computer screen) or Larry Connors (per the dub script) and stick to just the one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1