• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NY Children's Fest to Run Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panda Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I still have to wait till November. Hopefully it will be as good as I expect.
Umai_Mouri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote
OMG YES!!!

I adore this movie and I was so upset that I missed the other screenings they had. I really, really hope the dub is decent. Regardless, watching this on the big screen will be so delightful.

*continues the flailing elsewhere*
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:50 pm Reply with quote
They did this last year too; I went to one of the showings. I'm glad TokiKake is getting more exposed. It's an amazing movie (and seeing on the big screen is definitely a great experience).
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll be airing this at 'NYAF' next month. So but gee how about a possible release date. Been waiting all summer, I thought it would have been out by now. I really enjoyed this movie. Smile
Panda Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I wonder if they'll be airing this at 'NYAF' next month. So but gee how about a possible release date. Been waiting all summer, I thought it would have been out by now. I really enjoyed this movie. Smile

Here is a quote from an old article that has the DVD release date.

Quote:
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, one of the most critically acclaimed films to come out of Japan in the last two years, will be showing in a limited theatrical release starting in June. The DVD is scheduled to be released on November 10. The limited edition will be a two-disc release that will also include the soundtrack for the film for US$49.98. A regular version will also be sold for US$29.98.

The link to the article- animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2008/fanimecon/bandai-entertainment
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Aww man, those kids are going to be so lucky, especially being able to see the dub. >.<

I've only seen the trailer via here, but I'm sure I'll pretty much blind-buy the DVD once it comes out like I did 5CMPS. I didn't regret buying that; I doubt I'll regret buying this.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:34 am Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:

Here is a quote from an old article that has the DVD release date.

Quote:
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, one of the most critically acclaimed films to come out of Japan in the last two years, will be showing in a limited theatrical release starting in June. The DVD is scheduled to be released on November 10. The limited edition will be a two-disc release that will also include the soundtrack for the film for US$49.98. A regular version will also be sold for US$29.98.

The link to the article- animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2008/fanimecon/bandai-entertainment

Thanks much! So it did show during the summer. Funny I didn't hear about it from offline and online critics. I know 'ANN' had one but I'm looking for something outside like a small ad in a paper. Here at the college the animation dept put up flyers advertising new animation being shown around town (NY). So when that happens, it gives more of a reason to have the feature on hand when students start requesting it. Because chances are they may have seen it over the summer.

I'll be looking forward to it. Gotta put it on 2 lists, the library's and MINE!
Panda Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Thanks much! So it did show during the summer. Funny I didn't hear about it from offline and online critics. I know 'ANN' had one but I'm looking for something outside like a small ad in a paper. Here at the college the animation dept put up flyers advertising new animation being shown around town (NY). So when that happens, it gives more of a reason to have the feature on hand when students start requesting it. Because chances are they may have seen it over the summer.

I'll be looking forward to it. Gotta put it on 2 lists, the library's and MINE!

Your welcome. I can't wait for it either. My list for the coming months is quite large. With the Zero no Tsukaima box set coming out, Higurashi no Naku Koro NI, Lucky Star, Gurren Lagann, etc. I will be broke. Oh well, It's worth it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1