• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Utawarerumono OVA's Promo Video Streamed in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
As a fan of the series, I'm pretty excited about this. I'm assuming it's going to have to take place sometime during the series though rather than a sequel.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:05 pm Reply with quote
It looks like the OVA will be based on a chunk of Urutori's story arc from the game that was left out of the anime version. I'm looking forward to this, especially since a lot about Urutori was overlooked in the adaptation.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote
As long as there's more Karula and Touka I'll be good. Very Happy
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming this OVA is new? Very Happy

Too bad the special extras never made it into our release. Sad

But looking forward to this. I hope if they decided to release it here they can add the specials. Very Happy

*I just picked up all six vols., alone with 'Madlax' 2 weeks ago at TRSI during their holiday sales (which is still going on until the inventory are cleaned out). Next week I'll be receiving my 'Kurau' set just in time for the holidays. Three good shows to enjoy during the Xmas break. Wink Wink Wink
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Are you talking about the shorts with Touka and her doll? Because they were on the US releases in the extras. At least the ones from ADV anyway, no clue if the Funimation re-releases have them.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quote
looks awesome just like the TV series. Aruruu and Eluluu ftw. The music sounds great as ever too. Can't wait.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Are you talking about the shorts with Touka and her doll? Because they were on the US releases in the extras. At least the ones from ADV anyway, no clue if the Funimation re-releases have them.

Oh, they were? Oh ok. Smile
Well, if they were on the ADV releases then most likely they'll be on the Funimation re-releases. I doubt they'll change anything other than than just compress (into fewer vols) and repackage. But I guess we'll find out later. Personally I prefer now to buy the individual vols. because thinpaks often lose all the content that came with the original releases. After reading reading reviews concerning this is all the more reason not to get them. I can create my own boxset. Wink
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, there are advantages to collecting them individually sometimes. I have all 6 volumes of both Utawarerumono and Kurau with the artboxes myself. All three of the series you bought were great watches in my book I hope you like them if haven't seen them.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:49 am Reply with quote
I'm really excited about this OVA. I've been thirsting for more Utaware since the original series ended, and especially after they first announced the OVA (which was almost a year ago). The preview looks awesome; I can't wait to see more of my favourite characters (Kamyu was so cute trying to help her sister with the baby in the game).

Last edited by Ai no Kareshi on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:25 am Reply with quote
Thats great to see 3 new OVA s on the way. I do not know any thing about the ps2 game since I didn't buy it. (I do own a R2 PS2).

I hope the OVA s are with Japanese voice actors and good subs only for the R1 Dvds to be released here. I'll get them fast as they appear if so. Doesn't matter to me if it s ADV or Funmation.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
Question: Where did that picture come from? Is it official promotional art for the OVA?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1