• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final New Year's Tally for Lucky Star Shrine: 420,000

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I was re-reading an article about this event (I found and read this article someone posted in the previous posting about this) and I am quite impressed with the turn out. This should definitely help out Japan's economy problems, even if very slightly.

I wouldn't mind a second season of Lucky Star, but because the cast graduates from high school, the only option would be college or studying to go into a college. None the less, Lucky Star is quite popular now. It took me a while, but after watching the English dub of this show, I was quite hooked.

Hopefully this means the Lucky Star OVA will be licensed soon.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quote
There's nothing wrong with coming in second to over 2 million visitors, and I'm guessing that the locals would draw the line well in advance of it (lucky locals.)
zetubouzinsei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am Reply with quote
Great. But, the rank and record are in the Saitama prefecture, not in the Kanto region.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
When I go back to Japan I'll have to make sure I make my way out there. Hopefully when it's not too crowded.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1