• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, May 4-10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm just amused that there's a Baki spin-off called Scarface. They should do a manga version of the movie.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote
One Piece made a jump back onto the top 30, which seems interesting. Not much change with the top four, they just seemed to switch places here and there.
Crystal

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I actually bought the first K-ON! book and that One Piece book this weekend. I wonder if that contributed. Very Happy
strahl

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
If you read the sequel of baki, you will notice that one of the bad guys put a mouthful of bullets on Hanayama Kaoru (the yakuza) and closed his mouth so hard that his mouth exploded, leaving two big holes in his face, therefore...Scarface... clever huh?

I'm glad that we took two spots on this charts, hahahaha...

Baki and scarface ownz K-on!!
4nBlue

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:07 am Reply with quote
strahl wrote:
I'm glad that we took two spots on this charts, hahahaha...

Baki and scarface ownz K-on!!
Who are "we" and what has K-on done to earn your hate.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote
strahl wrote:
If you read the sequel of baki, you will notice that one of the bad guys put a mouthful of bullets on Hanayama Kaoru (the yakuza) and closed his mouth so hard that his mouth exploded, leaving two big holes in his face, therefore...Scarface... clever huh?

Hanayama's scars actually come before that, such as the one on his face. If you read into the earlier series, Grappler Baki, he spoiler[went and took out an opposing yakuza organization by himself, letting them cut him on purpose as well. This was to make the tattoo on his back look like the way he had envisioned it, instead of the perfect inking that had been put there.]
skafreak51

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I need to start printing this and showing it to my comic book teacher. My God, he pisses me off so much. Today he tried to tell me that the two biggest manga publishers just shut down. He makes up so much BS to try and get people to stop using the style. I'm so glad I'm switching colleges next year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1