• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Questions about a DBZ clip...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BagelMan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Hi! I'm just getting into anime and espacially DBZ Smile ; I've watched almost all of it except DBGT and some movies. I would really appreciate it if someone can answer a question I have about the series:

I downloaded a file from Kazaa with some scenes from DBZ and music from Tenchi theme; it's like a music video. However, the scenes were really weird: I have no idea where they come from. There is Videl as Saiyaman 2 but trunks and goten are still young, so it can't be DBGT( I can tell both shots were from the same saga/movie because they were all fighting the same monster). It also can not be DBZ because in it there is this pink wizard(not babidi) and this Supreme Kai-looking dude with a sword and red hair and he, along with the Z fighters, slay a huge beast in the city. Is this from a movie that has not been released in the US? I could not find it in the Encyclopedia Section..Thank you very much Smile
Case

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:10 pm Reply with quote
BagelMan wrote:

I downloaded a file from Kazaa with some scenes from DBZ and music from Tenchi theme; it's like a music video. However, the scenes were really weird: I have no idea where they come from. There is Videl as Saiyaman 2 but trunks and goten are still young, so it can't be DBGT( I can tell both shots were from the same saga/movie because they were all fighting the same monster). It also can not be DBZ because in it there is this pink wizard(not babidi) and this Supreme Kai-looking dude with a sword and red hair and he, along with the Z fighters, slay a huge beast in the city. Is this from a movie that has not been released in the US? I could not find it in the Encyclopedia Section..Thank you very much Smile

Without a doubt, the video you watched was Castor Troy's DBZ Muyo! from the now-closed Ginga GIRI GIRI website.

The animation used in the video comes from Dragon Ball Z Movie 13: "Dragon Fist Explosion! If Goku can't do it, who can?!" (The best DBZ anime project of all time, IMO.)

The pink-skinned wizard is named Hoi, the red-haired warrior with the sword is Tapion, and the huge beast is named Hildegarn.

I'm pretty sure FUNimation wants to release all of the DBZ movies, but it's going to be a while before they get around to this one - it is the very last movie in the series, after all.

They're working on movie 7 right now, and they translated and released three new DBZ movies this year. If they continue at this rate, you can probably expect movie 13 to be released here in late 2004 or early 2005.
BagelMan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Thank you sailormech very much! Very Happy I don't think I can wait so I'lltry to get the japanese one.Thanks again!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1