• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Network Offer All Streams for Free on Monday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_V_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote
When I went to the ADV panel at Anime Boston in late May, they did say "we'd like to improve our online player to have a nice one like FUNimation does"....at the time, I thought it was just more "talk" and the usual runaround

to my surprise, just one week later they started a major full revamp of The Anime Network's online player...it's actually a pretty good setup they've got there now

(for those that didn't know, ADV owns The Anime Network, so you'll never see an "ADV online player" because they've already got one, The Anime Network)

Further, at Anime Central the ADV panel basically said they are pinning all of their financial hopes for the immediate future on revenue from The Anime Network

I'm excited because they've got Elfen Lied on there
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote
Anime hyper Well, I'll be at work, so I can't celebrate National Lazy Day, but at least when I come home I can plop down and watch some of the anime that ADV offers on their service. ^^
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Nice I can finish watching Ghost Stories now for free
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow, national lazy day? Weird... it just happens to coincide with my two weeks of vacation, so I'll actually be home. Wonder if there's anything worth watching on there that I don't already own?
SXAniMedia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote
The event has gone Live for those interested, as of a few minutes ago. You got about 23 something hrs to check out their offerings.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1