• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Neo Model Army

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote
Actually, I'm certain that Bang Zoom! did the dub of the game. That's part of the reason I'm so excited about it!
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
As for stuff made into games, I'm surprised Japan hasn't tried to do a Guitar Hero knock-off with DMC. Oh, and no comment about that leaked KOF movie promo? As for that Toshinden thing, I guess got tired of ripping off Tekken, and decided to go after Rival Schools next. Rolling Eyes
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quote
Sure UFO is the one releasing Way of the Samurai 3 for Xbox 360 and Agetec is the one releasing the PS3 version but I honestly think this is not 1 of those times where you put the Only On Xbox 360, Only On Playstation logos on the cover. Then again most of the time it doesn't matter like now Japan is getting Cross Edge Dash for Xbox 360, though i'll stick with my PS3 American version. But however the PS3 and 360 version of Way of the Samurai 3 will be released at the same time but just by 2 companies.

I'm also looking forward to the new Super Robot Taisen game and considering America got a DS Super Robot Taisen game it's safe to say this sequel will probably be licensed by Atlus again.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quote
Is that Rocket Knight sequel really download-only? Damn, now how is a legitimate PSP game consumer like me supposed to spend their bucks on it (without buying a Go)?
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:40 am Reply with quote
Poor Fitzecarld. His name gets spelled countless different ways, his dub voice is either terrible and bland or stereotypical 1950's hipster-crazy, and despite being a member of one of the most powerful and awesome villain teams in anime history, he gets thirty seconds of screen time and then dies.

But it was a hell of a thirty seconds.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
Is that Rocket Knight sequel really download-only? Damn, now how is a legitimate PSP game consumer like me supposed to spend their bucks on it (without buying a Go)?

Is it just me or does it seem like it will be a PS3 PSN game not PSP PSN? Even if it did come out for PSP just buy a memory stick and download it(don't need the PSP Go to download PSP games)
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quote
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like it will be a PS3 PSN game not PSP PSN?

Oh darn, you're right, I must have missed that. Guess I just assumed PSP because it seems like the logical choice for 16-bit platformer remakes. Embarassed
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quote
the one thing that worries me about the new Rocket Knight is the fact that the guys who ruined Silent Hill are doing it. I would say Konami is keeping them on a tight leash, but I doubt that.

As for releases, I'm definitely up for ol' Eddie's escapades through the age of metal alongside Lemmy's chops
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:03 am Reply with quote
Heyyyy I happen to LIKE the strange Korean Magna Carta art >_>...

...Mario and Sonic in Vancouver is also my idea of win^^ Who would've thought they would come to little ol' Canada?
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like it will be a PS3 PSN game not PSP PSN?

Oh darn, you're right, I must have missed that. Guess I just assumed PSP because it seems like the logical choice for 16-bit platformer remakes. Embarassed

I do see where you are coming from with that kind of thinking but however once I also read that it will be available on Xbox Live and Steam that gave me the idea that it's a PS3 PSN game. But however there are already games on PS3 using 2D sprites like Cross Edge, Record of Agarest War, and probably Tears To Tiara as well, though each 1 of those is on a Blu-ray disc except for the American version of Record of Agarest War.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Heyyyy I happen to LIKE the strange Korean Magna Carta art >_>...

Same here but don't have a Xbox 360 but I do have the Atlus release for Magna Carta for PS2 and I am interested in preordering Magna Carta 2 from Gamestop just to get the artbook you get for reserving.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:34 am Reply with quote
Yes! Someone else that enjoys Ruin Explorers enough to agree likewise! There should have been so much more episodes for this series than it was given. But I guess that's the novelty of some OVA's.

Been waiting for Way of the Samurai 3 under the radar for months. And, seeing as all I have is a 360, I was actually surprised at first that it would be getting a 360 port. Now, if we can only get some cheap desperate company to port some other Japanese 360 games over here.

Anybody want a job?
jajuka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
Bounty Arms = Bionic Commando 2!

Where's our money, Capcom?
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote
Huh, I didn't know there was a Magna Carta 2... my fiance enjoyed that on the PS2, I'll have to make sure he knows there's a sequel.

I'll also have to look into that Sparkster remake (although it looks more like a Rocket Knight Adventures remake- didn't he lose the helmet for Sparkster? I only own the original, but I seem to remember that from the sequel's review in Game Players years ago.)

Mouseover wrote:
I like Ruin Explorers and I don't care who knows.

Yay! Me too! Ruin Explorers is one of my fondest remembered shows from the early days of my fandom- and I still pull out the DVD from time to time. (I actually got another forum to make a smiley based on Rasha's joyfully-glittery expression the first time she meets Lyle. It's used quite frequently. Laughing )
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh cool, 30 second hero finally coming out. Whoo hoo. Now I can get frustrated and throw my PSP that I don't have yet.

Yes, 'Giant Robo', 'Ruin Explorers' and 'Shadow Skill' should have been games. But you know what happens when that happens?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3