• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Bakugan Season, Gundalian Invaders, Set for 2010

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I will just throw it out: I am 23 and like this series. I hope the third season is better than the second season because I felt the first season impaled the second season big time.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
New Vestroia has yet to air in Japan, hasn't it? Yikes... Wonder what happened to that movie, it's under a year since we last heard about it though.

Cool to see Nelvana active again, even if they're co-productions like Bakugan, and Beyblade Metal Fusion (also 2010).
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quote
I've heard fairly little about this kids' anime. If the opinion of my sister's pre-primary school class is to be trusted, it's the next big thing. Glad to see someone admitting to enjoying it despite the "made for children" stigma (which is the reason I won't likely be looking at it myself).

Runo looks cute, though. Is she cute?
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:06 am Reply with quote
You may have hear very little in it since South Africa and other countries have a lot less anime compare to the USA and Canada.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quote
Apparently its near, okay maybe not near, pokemon level. Yugioh level? Apparently kids play or talk about at schools so that's cool for them. We all have are series like this when we were little. I've seens random episodes but it seems like it's gotten better, and different, over time.

But I have to say, I keep seeing "Gundamlian" when I glance at the headlines.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:12 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
You may have hear very little in it since South Africa and other countries have a lot less anime compare to the USA and Canada.

The sad, sad truth. Sad
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote
Oh...Oh goody. More stupid children's card game animu that's right down there with Bayblade.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Oh...Oh goody. More stupid children's card game animu that's right down there with Bayblade.
Actually, it's those "animu" what holds the highest ratings, and not all the "Moe moe girls", "The story had a lot more sense when it was an H-game" or "Guns, blades and booms", etc.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote
kgw, you do have a point. Bakugan, Beyblades, Pokemon, Yugioh, Dinosaur King, and other series have been the ones with the big merchandise in the last 10 years. For some reason, many Japanese kids just love the concept of overused monster card and related anime.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
kgw, you do have a point. Bakugan, Beyblades, Pokemon, Yugioh, Dinosaur King, and other series have been the ones with the big merchandise in the last 10 years. For some reason, many Japanese kids just love the concept of overused monster card and related anime.
I just remember a time when they tried to not be crap whilst they were shilling out.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
New Vestroia has yet to air in Japan, hasn't it? Yikes... Wonder what happened to that movie, it's under a year since we last heard about it though.

Cool to see Nelvana active again, even if they're co-productions like Bakugan, and Beyblade Metal Fusion (also 2010).

then i guess you haven't seen their version of card captors sakura then. that along with the horror known as 4kids give the english dub version a real bad reputation in the us .it's one series that need a redubbing badly.

Sure i can admit that their version of bakguan is ok and they did beyblade ok as well,but hardcore anime fans arent as forgiving. not to mention resort to illegal fansubs and streaming to watch the original version. they might get the BOTD if they did to this series as what Bandai did to Ronin Warriors.

Either way i'm interesting on the 3rd season,though it could've ended at 1st season. cause it had everything for a decent conclusion. I wonder what will be included for season 3 ???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

then i guess you haven't seen their version of card captors sakura then. that along with the horror known as 4kids give the english dub version a real bad reputation in the us .it's one series that need a redubbing badly.

Cardcaptors is really their only screw up, and for the hardcore, the show was released Uncut on DVD (sub-only, but still). Beyblade (minus some questionable edits), Pandalian, Bakugan, the seasons of Sailor Moon they played a part in, and Medabots all have pretty decent dubs.
Ralifar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Cardcaptors is really their only screw up, and for the hardcore, the show was released Uncut on DVD (sub-only, but still).

Oh, but it was such a very big screw up. It was probably some of the worst restructuring of a script I've ever seen. I'm not a huge purist. If you want to change some things to make it more understandable to a Western audience I can accept that, but yeesh. I'm also not opposed to listening to dubbed tracks. I still shudder when I think of the voices. I want to cry now.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:00 am Reply with quote
Ralifar wrote:
Primus wrote:

Cardcaptors is really their only screw up, and for the hardcore, the show was released Uncut on DVD (sub-only, but still).

Oh, but it was such a very big screw up. It was probably some of the worst restructuring of a script I've ever seen. I'm not a huge purist. If you want to change some things to make it more understandable to a Western audience I can accept that, but yeesh. I'm also not opposed to listening to dubbed tracks. I still shudder when I think of the voices. I want to cry now.

It was their first anime title, they licensed it so long ago. Very few treat FUNimation (A company who Nelvana at one point had a close relationship with) as the same company who released butchered episodes of DragonBall. So why treat Nelvana like that still?
animefan000

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:48 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Primus wrote:

Sure i can admit that their version of bakguan is ok and they did beyblade ok as well,but hardcore anime fans arent as forgiving. not to mention resort to illegal fansubs and streaming to watch the original version. they might get the BOTD if they did to this series as what Bandai did to Ronin Warriors.

Either way i'm interesting on the 3rd season,though it could've ended at 1st season. cause it had everything for a decent conclusion. I wonder what will be included for season 3 ???

Yes, yes the Cardcaptors horror dub- Editing out relationships, changing names (except Sakura but pronounced differently) etc. etc., the loss of Kero-chan's Kansai accent

Beyblade was ok in the dub but they edited out a lot of the good stuff, especially in G-Revolution where Daichi calls Hiromi (Hillary) Obaa-ha (grandma)- Its soo funny! I prefered the Japanese version.

Though Nelvana didn't dub it, Im mentioning Sailor Moon as an example of one of the worse dubs in Anime history! DICs first two were ok except for the Sailor Says treatment and cuts. Then there is Cloverway- Some of the Voices were chosen terribly- Like they just randomly picked a person to do the dubbing for money.

Yeah Nelvana is a bad dubbing company second to 4Kids
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2