• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p0pzi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Name: Alexander Eriksson

Blood Type: I have no freaking idea.

Current Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: As swedish as one can get.

Religion: None.

Pets: None.

Drink/Smoke: I drink but I don't smoke

Dislikes: Trance/Techno/Whatever it's called

Favorite anime: Really tough call but as for now i'll say Jyu Oh Sei.

Favorite Manga: Berserk probably.

Favorite Books: Don't really read books that often.

Favorite game: Fallout 3.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Lost and Heroes.

Favorite Drink: Whatever is served.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Fanta exotic

Favorite Foods: Hard to say really, I like lots of food Smile.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football, Hockey and MMA.

Favorite Sport (to play): Floorball.

Favorite Music: Classic rock/Metal

Job: Unemployed right now.

Hobbies: Felt like I've answered this already but here goes. Anime and computers.

Favorite Quotes: Nothing I can think of.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sparkamus Prime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote
I've posted in a couple threads so I figured I'd come here and introduce myself.

Name: Andrew

Sex: Male

Blood Type: O+

Ethnicity: Irish, English, German

Religion: Christian

Pets: recently lost my dog Crying or Very sad

Drink/Smoke: with friends / never will

Likes: anime, video games, football, computers, reading, cars, spending time with friends

Dislikes: stupid drivers, stupid college students (there are waaay too many), people who aren't more open-minded

Favorite anime: Haibane Renmei, Black Lagoon, Code Geass, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, most Gundams (esp. Wing and Endless Waltz), RahXephon

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Haruhi Light Novels, don’t really read manga

Favorite Books: anything by Tom Clancy, Zombie Survival Guide (got to be prepared) Smile , Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit

Favorite game: Halo 3/ODST (best games to play with my friends), Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Ace Combat series, Gran Turismo series, Final Fantasy X

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Simpsons, Family Guy, Mythbusters, Burn Notice, Daily Show, Colbert Report, Ghost Hunters, MST3K / Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Mel Brook’s movies (esp. Spaceballs), Transformers Movie (1986 version), Matrix (first one), Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Airplane, Army of Darkness

Favorite Drink: Captain and Coke

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Iced Tea, Dr. Pepper

Favorite Foods: Pizza, Chinese, Ramen, Potato Chips (I know everything that’s bad for me) Laughing

Favorite Sites: ANN, Rightstuf, Wikipedia, Amazon, BBTS, Newegg, d2brigade

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football (Titans), College Football (VA Tech/Penn State) – don’t watch much else, I’d rather play most stuff than watch it

Favorite Sport (to play): Football, lacrosse, ping-pong, paintball

Favorite Music: Rock and I’ll listen to pretty much anything else that’s not country

Job: Mechanical Engineering Student (it's a full-time job Very Happy )

Hobbies: working on my car, building computers, see likes

Favorite Quotes:
High school teacher to other student – “That window may look small, but I bet you’d fit through it”

Garzey’s Wing (too many to list all) – “Humans are just human”, “You sure got sexy”, “I felt like I was having a dream”, “I’m surrounded by 12th and 13th century foreigners”

Monty Python – “It is only a flesh wound”

Last edited by Sparkamus Prime on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
otaku_anon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
You can call me otaku_anon, and I am doing research on the meaning of "otaku" in Japan and America.

I am a senior at Furman University in SC, and I am doing this research separate from class, though it is funded through my school. I am trying to get responses from anyone who knows about anime and otaku and who has an opinion on it.

Please email me if you are interested, and check out my surveys.
Otaku of America:
For people with general (or little) understanding of otaku:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=dKZXHxZn86hcpLRjXvf_2fIQ_3d_3d

For self-proclaimed otaku and people with a deep understanding of otaku:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=F9lylYw_2fmUjg9EEgvcOBPA_3d_3d
Ralifar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, I decided to post an intro since I'm sure everyone is dying to learn more about me. It's also 2:00am and I'm bored. Wink

Name: Dustin Riley

Blood Type: A-(Does anyone actually care about that?)

Sex: Male

Location: Physically located in Bagram, Afghanistan right now, but in about 23 days I should be back in Houston, TX

Nationality/Ethniticty: Hmm...I have some Irish, German, Native American(Black Feet tribe). There are some other things in there as well, but I'm pretty much just American.

Marital Status: Divorced. I got one of those "Dear John's" you always here about while I was deployed to Afghanistan; except it was more of a phone call than a letter. Razz

Birthdate: March 2

Profession: Systems Administrator. Soon I'll be a full time student though.

Religion: Agnostic

Drink/Smoke: I don't drink often. I never smoke.

Likes: Camping(not the kind done in the military), swimming, reading, playing video games, anime

Dislikes: Lying(I hate it intensely. This is myself lying not other people. If you feel you need to degrade yourself through lies that's your own business.), people without common sense, recruiting for the Army

Favorite anime: Haibane Renmei, Kaleido Star, Kino's Journey,Excel Saga, Now and Then, Here and There, Maze(I know it's cheesy, but it cracks me up),most of Studio Ghibli's line up

Favorite manga: Ultimate Hentai Kaimen, Aishiteruze Baby, The Hating Girl, BioMeat, Angel Densestu

Favorite game: I'd have to say Lunar: The Silver Star story and Lunar: Eternal Blue for the Sega CD. They're what got me into RPGs.

Favorite book/authors: Brian Jacques(He's what made me think of books as something enjoyable to read in elementary school) Orson Scott Card's books are all great, Marion Zimmer Bradley's as well.

Favorite food: Italian and Mexican

Favorite drink: Orange and grape juice

Family: Mother, father, one older brother, two younger sisters(both adopted from Korea)

Favorite sport: Swimming. If you're talking about watching then none. I can't stand to watch any sport.

Favorite Music: I don't think I have any. I didn't even start listening to music until I was 19 and started driving home to Houston from FT Hood every weekend. A three and a half to four hour drive can be extremely difficult in extreme silence. I only listen to female vocalists though.

Favorite Quote:
"Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed..."
Genesis 9:6

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
General George S. Patton

Fun facts:
-I became a vegetarian at the age of 16 simply because I said I would. I don't go back on my word.
-The first PoWs from the 2003 Iraq war came from my unit(1-227th Aviation), and we weren't even supposed to be there. My battalion commander begged to get us attached to a different division so we could be the first across the border.
-I was able to tour the ruins of Babylon during my second deployment to Iraq.
-I've been to Honen Matsuri(Or as us gaijin like to call it. The Giant Penis Festival) in Komaki, Japan.
-Umm...erm...I'm running out of ideas. I used go to school with and live next door to an anime voice actress. Jessica Boone
-I think that's about all the things I can come up with for fun facts. Some of them didn't really seem all that fun.

Picture: My most recent pictures(and pretty much the only ones I have access to are from my most recent trip to Japan.
On top of the Studio Ghibli Museum. Can you guess where that block is from?
In front of Kinkakuji in Kyoto.
She wanted to eat my map.There are more deer on Miyajima than people.
Not me but still pretty cool.
Honen Matsuri. Yes, that is what you think it is.
From my military time. Trying to act like I actually know how to pilot an Apache Longbow.

Last edited by Ralifar on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:10 am; edited 3 times in total
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
Kudos for including pics! So few people do anymore.

That said, the links to the last few are broken.

Anyway, welcome to ANN even though you've actually been here a while already. Anime smile
Ralifar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:16 am Reply with quote
Thank you for the welcome.

Sorry about the last three. They should be working now. I had an extra [/url] in them. Razz
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the late welcomes, been helping a friend move and unpack lately. They got a lot of stuff Anime hyper . However it's long overdo for a nice big ANN welcome to theloniustrebonius, Imperial Daemon, sypherman, Hydeologist, shaggyglasses, blacotaku1, astrogirl, Mayuhito, darkprism, p0pzi, Sparkamus Prime, and Ralifar. I also want to say 2 very big special welcomes to Past and Stinkles. Even though you're not new Noelle welcome again for posting again here lol. And super big special welcomes to Stinkles who is my new God and I worship at your Halo feet. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop Kudos to Ralifar for posting pics btw as almost no one does anymore which is sad. Hopefully you're all enjoying your stay here at our magical kingdom of insanity. As part of your unofficial welcome (because i am sad and enjoy doing this silly welcome thing lol) you all get your very own mystery welcome bag of goodies. *hands them all a brown paper lunch bag* Inside you lucky people are the new proud owners of a used piece of cheesecloth, a handful of wet acorns, a 6x6 inch piece of a lamp shade, and the skull of a Brute used as a salad bowl by mister 117 himself. Wink Hopefully you'll all enjoy your fine gifts and stay here and don't forget these words of wisdom; "Insurance is like marriage. You pay, pay, pay, and you never get anything back."
Ralifar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I can put the wet acorns inside the cheese cloth and hit people over the head with it. That's always useful. I'll have to figure out what to do with the other two items.

Here's some more "fun facts" about me. When someone addresses me(even if indirectly) I have the strong urge to reply. I try to hold it down, but it usually wins out. I'm also rather blunt and can come off as mean or rude sometimes, but really, I'm lovable. I just don't like sugar-coating things, and I prefer people to do the same with me. Razz

Why not post pictures? It doesn't hurt me any to let you see my ugly mug. I doubt any of you would want to hunt me down and stalk me. Wink
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Why not post pictures? It doesn't hurt me any to let you see my ugly mug. I doubt any of you would want to hunt me down and stalk me.

Clearly, I doubt anyone would want to go to where you are. Wink

Psycho 101 wrote:
"Insurance is like marriage. You pay, pay, pay, and you never get anything back."

I showed that to my boss while we drank the sneaked white wine [from the restaurant at my workplace] which was meant for cooking Very Happy then he revealed to me he was asking for divorce next month. lol
Then I told him I'd never marry, and that was it for our drunken night at work.
But yeah, the main point for mentioning it was that we found it funny.

But I guess after the mess we did tonight the Chef responsible for the restaurant might want to rethink about leaving the keys with me. Mad
Kikyouchanx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:41 am Reply with quote
I'm only posting the first bit Very Happy

Name: Lets just go with Delta for now, I am sure some of you already know my name thanks to Mr. Sexy voice.

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: White [as far as I know! lol]

Pets: Two dogs

Drink/Smoke: Neither

Favorite anime: InuYasha, Bleach, Shugo Chara!
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:51 am Reply with quote
Ralifar wrote:
Favorite food: Sushi, Colombian, Italian, Mexican, Chinese food, pizza (you guys gotta try it here Wink), cantaloupe melons, soups, meat (beef, pork), anything home-tasting, noodles, some vegetables (Broccoli is a fave).

Quote:
Fun facts:
-I became a vegetarian at the age of 16 simply because I said I would. I don't go back on my word.

One can only assume you've gone back on your word at some point since then. Otherwise I'm racked with confusion by this mild discrepancy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ralifar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:13 am Reply with quote
That was a combination of laziness and stupidity on my part. Razz

Lazy because rather than type the tag words in I just hit quote on someone and just changed the meat of the post.

Stupid because I didn't proofread it well enough to realize I hadn't changed the food category from what the previous person had typed in.

It has now been updated.

I don't go back on my word, but I never said I didn't make stupid mistakes. Wink

egoist wrote:

Clearly, I doubt anyone would want to go to where you are. Wink

Oh, but on the 10th of November I should be back in Houston for good. This means that anyone that would like to stalk me can begin then.

I'll be flying in so you have a 50/50 chance of getting the right airport as it will be one of the two major airports that I will arrive at. Razz
Toxic Jackal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Name: Kari

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Anglo-Norman, English, Irish, Polish, German, Russian, Jewish, Turkish, Native American Cherokee, French, Quebecois, and I think there's one or two more.

Religion: Roman Catholic and Gaudiya Vaisnava

Drink/Smoke: Don't smoke, incredibly rare that I drink(basically, almost never)

Likes: geology, anime, video games, horseback riding, horses, drawing, writing, working on my novel, etc.

Dislikes: conservatives, liberals, religious extremeists, hardcore atheists, roommates, college, homework

Favorite anime: Record of Lodoss War, Ghost in the Shell(tv series+movies), Black Lagoon, FMA, The Vision of Escaflowne, Berserk, Claymore, etc.

Favorite Manga: Black Lagoon, FMA, Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Kingdom Hearts...don't read too much manga

Favorite Books: The Bhagavad Gita, The Bible, Black Beauty, Lassie Come Home, I, Robot, any of the Earthsea novels, any of the Drizzt Do'Urden novels, Le Morte d'Arthur, etc.

Favorite game: I don't know...I like alot. Although some of my top favorites are Final Fantasy I(PSP), FF Tactics: War of the Lions, Final Fantasy XII, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Pokemon Emerald, Yoshi's Island, etc.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: The Dark Crystal, Excalibur, The Last Unicorn, The Neverending Story, Blade Runner, etc.

Favorite Drink: Chardonnay, preferably the fruity kind

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke and Lemon-flavored ice tea

Favorite Foods: poppyseed lemon muffins, bacon, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, etc.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Dressage, Saddleseat, Showjumping, Hunter, Pole Bending, Barrel Racing, etc.

Job: None, but a student right now

Hobbies: See Likes

Fun facts about Me: I'm related to William the Conqueror, ancestroy dates back almost 1,000 years to medieval Normandy, geology major in college, etc.
Ralifar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:23 am Reply with quote
Toxic Jackal wrote:

Religion: Roman Catholic and Gaudiya Vaisnava

Favorite Foods: poppyseed lemon muffins, bacon, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, etc.

Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy yourself.

I'm interested to know how you incorporate Roman Catholicism and Gaudiya Vaishnavism. I'm not attacking your faith or anything like that. I'm honestly curious.

And if you practice Gaudiya Vaishnavism shouldn't you be a vegetarian. Razz
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote
Name: Jennifer (usually go by Jenn or Jade)

Year I Started Watching Anime: 2002

Favorite Non-alcoholic Drink: Vanilla Coke Zero

Favorite Alcoholic Drink: Pina Coladas

Favorite Foods: Teriyaki Chicken, Sushi, Cheese Pizza, Frosted Flakes Cereal, Most Japanese Cuisine that I've tried (not a fan of Eel), Cheeseburger in Paradise

Favorite Past Time: Going to Universal Studios and Halloween Horror Nights

Favorite Anime Titles: Card Captor Sakura, Slayers, Full Metal Panic, Neon Genesis Evangelion, FLCL, Escaflowne, Higurashi, Elfen Lied, Read or Die (TV), Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (original - not the new season), and Shakugan no Shana

Total Anime Watched: 120

Hobbies: Drawing, working in Sony Vegas, Graphic Design, playing piano, cooking, playing Final Fantasy games.

Currently Watching: DN.Angel, Nyan Koi, InuYasha: Final Act, Kobato, Sacred Blacksmith, Bakemonogatari, Get Backers, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, and Shugo Chara

Anime I Was Surprised To Find Was Actually Good: Higurashi, Elfen Lied, Ai Yori Aoshi, and Read or Die (TV)

Anime That Greatly Disappointed Me: DN.Angel, Mermaid Forest, InuYasha, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, X/1999 (Movie), Melody of Oblivion, and Haruhi Season 2.

Anime That Was Awesome - Until The Ending Sucked: Soul Eater, InuYasha

Anime I Want To See The Most: Nerima Daikon Brothers and Sergeant Frog

Favorite Games: FFTactics, FFVIII, and FFVI

Favorite Books: 1984, Animal Farm, Pride and Prejudice, Tale of Two Cities, Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera, The Historian, Little Green Men, and Thank You For Smoking

Favorite TV Shows: House, Glee, Jericho

Interesting Stuff About Me:
- Just purchased my first home with my boyfriend and we live there with our cute puppy and kitty. Anime smile
- My Favorite Holiday is Halloween and my front yard currently looks like a graveyard with bones and fresh dirt.
- I love rollercoasters and motion rides.
- I illustrate my own manga and enjoy drawing anime and just about anything else.
- I used to be on Drumline.
- I live in FL, but I never go to the beach, don't like hot weather, and can't stand being outside for long periods of time.
- like many of you, I have an entire room devoted to my massive anime collection.
- I enjoy musicals and classical music along with Jazz, Opera, and J-Pop.
- I'm greatly disappointed in most of the recent Final Fantasy Titles.
- After watching InuYasha, I dread watching long, never-ending series. Shugo Chara is only being watched because it was recommended to me and it's light-hearted.
- I'm going to school to be a history teacher.

That's really about it. I've been reading the ANN boards for several years and only recently made an account so I feel like a bit of a troll right now. lol

Hajimemashite. Dozo yoroshiku.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 82 of 233