• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What? The Mu can sing.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saitou95

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:30 am Reply with quote
For anyone that has xeen Rahxephon, or have heard of its tracks, I am sure you will mostly agree that it's pretty good right? Most of the battle scenes are matched nicely with ochestral tracks. Too bad they don't have any kickass fights to go with it; the fights were too short in my opinion, however let's not sidetrack since the show's main drive was not the 'mecha' battles.
[EDIT - No. -C]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Teh Rules wrote:
10) Users may not request or link to bootlegs, fansubs, scanilations, active fan-translating groups, peer-to-peer networks, timed scripts, MP3s, unauthorized movie clips, or websites that house these groups or products.

I haven't seen the show myself, but am thinking of getting it real soon. I pre-ordered the Limited Edition movie with the box to keep the rest of the series in. Now all I need is the series. Razz

Last edited by Tony K. on Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Teh Rules wrote:
10) Users may not request or link to bootlegs, fansubs, scanilations, active fan-translating groups, peer-to-peer networks, timed scripts, MP3s, unauthorized movie clips, or websites that house these groups or products.

I haven't seen the show myself, but am thinking of getting it real soon. I pre-ordered the Limited Edition movie with the box to keep the rest of the series in. Now all I need is the series. Razz

And welcome to the forums! Wink

One thing to keep in mind is that you should watch the series before the movie. The movie is a retelling of the series but it's based on the assumption that you have seen the series and know the background already.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:08 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
One thing to keep in mind is that you should watch the series before the movie. The movie is a retelling of the series but it's based on the assumption that you have seen the series and know the background already.

Yeah, I kind of guessed that already, but thanks for the info. I think I can get the entire series pretty cheap on eBay. Wink

I think I can get it for... around $80-90 brand new. Smile
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:16 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Kazuki-san wrote:

Yeah, I kind of guessed that already, but thanks for the info. I think I can get the entire series pretty cheap on eBay. Wink

I think I can get it for... around $80-90 brand new. Smile

Not bad, I had to collect mine piece by piece at $20 a disc.
Saitou95

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:24 am Reply with quote
Not bad, I had to collect mine piece by piece at $20 a disc.[/quote]

You mean you bought it fair dinkum. Good on ya. Oh and sorry about the request for music guys. I thought I saw that thread about free online music however.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:25 am Reply with quote
Saitou95 wrote:

You mean you bought it fair dinkum. Good on ya. Oh and sorry about the request for music guys. I thought I saw that thread about free online music however.

Well I bought each disc as it was released.
Saitou95

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:14 am Reply with quote
I guess the topic of anything Rahxephon might be a little peculiar. I am getting the impression that not many poeple has seen it. I've alos checked around the net and there are very few fan sites. Anyone agree with me?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Saitou95 wrote:
I guess the topic of anything Rahxephon might be a little peculiar. I am getting the impression that not many poeple has seen it. I've alos checked around the net and there are very few fan sites. Anyone agree with me?

I don't have a problem finding sites about it, but there do seem to be a high number of people who haven't seen it. Perhaps this is because a lot of people have labeled it an "Eva Clone" or ripoff (which is not the case)
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:15 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
but there do seem to be a high number of people who haven't seen it. Perhaps this is because a lot of people have labeled it an "Eva Clone" or ripoff (which is not the case)

Well if that's the case, then I'm happy to announce that I just bought the entire series on eBay for $75 plus $5 shipping.

I've heard it's "similar" to Evangelion, but I'll do my best not to compare the two immediately so as to not give me any preconceptions.

EDIT: Corrected some grammar (d'oh Anime smallmouth).

Last edited by Tony K. on Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:51 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

Well if that's the case, then I'm happy to announce that I just bought the entires on eBay for $75 plus $5 shipping.

I've heard it's "similar" to Evangelion, but I'll do my best not to compare the two immediately so as to not give me any preconceptions.

Way to go Tony K. Smile I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Saitou95

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:48 am Reply with quote
[quote="Kazuki-san] I don't have a problem finding sites about it, but there do seem to be a high number of people who haven't seen it. Perhaps this is because a lot of people have labeled it an "Eva Clone" or ripoff (which is not the case)[/quote]

Mind telling me some good rahxephon sites. I didn't have any luck with the anipike. It was all old and outdated.

Anyway, the correlation between it and eva is almost inevitable and also inseparable IF you ahve seen Eva. The thing is not to know anything about the show and go watch it with a empty and fresh approach. Don't make the mistake that I did; that is to watch the show while having Eva behind my mind the whole time. Even with that I was abloe to enjoy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1