• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Life During Wartime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 am Reply with quote
This is such an expensive stretch of a couple of months here. Bioshock 2, then Heavy Rain, then Final Fantasy, then God of War 3 and Dragon Age Awakening, then GTA Episodes from Liberty City. It's great to have all the games coming out that I want, but spreading them out would have helped.
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:03 am Reply with quote
While Guilty Gear would be an interesting short film series with studios like Madhouse or Gonzo doing clips, I really would like to see the full scope of story and characters done justice.

Of course, I mean a 50-episode anime by Studio Bones. Bones can handle an insane mass of characters, a crazy plot, and all the intense visual style. I think they'd be perfect to handle a Guilty Gear anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Lastly, Nintendo announced plans for publishing Dragon Quest IX here in a partnership with Square Enix.

I'm still waiting for the pre-order date for VI, since Amazon has yet to provide it. Mad Though EB seems to have IX out in June.

Quote:
One might feel bad for portraying Sega as a company that's failed constantly since 1993,

I'd say since the Saturn came out myself.

Quote:
You're just glad to have Yakuza 3 in a language you can understand.

It's one of the games which got me to invest in a PS3, that's for sure.

Quote:
while the collected Sam and Max 2: Beyond Time and Space comes to the Wii.

Damn, I was hoping for another PC port. Crying or Very sad Oh, I guess it is in that format, too. I just hope it loads better this time.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:22 am Reply with quote
......Final Fantasy X was sci-fi.....? =_=

Didn't you mean VII and VIII?
RedLeader

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quote
YES, I started with Sheep Man... But only because my wife nagged me to because she likes ANYTHING having to do with sheep. The stage is easy enough but it took Rush Coil and a couple energy tanks to push my past him. Actually, I've had to do that three times already. Can't seem to find the right weapon combinations. :\
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:08 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
......Final Fantasy X was sci-fi.....? =_=

Didn't you mean VII and VIII?

I think he was getting at the near complete linear-ness of X (until later in the game), with the steam-punk sci-fi trappings of VII, in ten-eighty-pee...

GIEF VERSUS NAO! Kthxbai
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:08 am Reply with quote
Vagrant Story is a great, yet very unintuitive game, at least for me. I want to love the game so much, it's pretty and inventive and it oozes atmosphere, but the weird rhythm of the hits makes it too damn hard for me. I would definitely be interested in an anime version Wink

Also, my wallet is glad that I don't have a PS3, because I sure could not afford Heavy Rain and FFXIII - although admittedly, I don't have high hopes for the latter, because I felt FFX was the weakest Final Fantasy I have played until now.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 am Reply with quote
Might as well point out that yesterday NIS pushed back the date for Sakura Wars a week to March 30. Not a long wait, but waiting is always hard when you've already paid for something...

At least I'll have Lunar to keep me company until then.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quote
Sakura Wars, finally! Very Happy That might be the game that finally breaks my current addiction to Modern Warfare 2. Wink It's good to read a review that can tell us a little more of what we can to expect.

That's a shame about stuff getting cut out of Yakuza 3. I still have a game save file in the middle of Yakuza 2 and reading about the latest one always sort of motivates me to finish the one I'm working on.

And then you have the newest Final Fantasy game. There are definitely more good games out there than I have time to spend on them. *sigh*
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quote
I may be one of the few out there, but I am SO buying Sakura Wars. I remember a friend importing it over 10 years ago on his Japanese Dreamcast and I have just always been curious about it. I wonder though if I want the Wii or the PS2 version.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:35 am Reply with quote
Todd Ciolek wrote:
Still, it's time that Metroid made this leap.

I grew up on those old 2D side scrollers from consoles now landfill material. When news came out regarding Retro Studios taking the Metroid franchise into the 3D world and first person, the roar from fans objecting was deafening.

I was late getting into the GCN, and as luck would have it, turned out to be good. I bought Metroid Prime, used, for a scant $10. When I first played it, I hated it. But, no game's beaten me yet and I wasn't going to let this one.

Now, it's regarded as one of my favorites, as well as Echoes and Corruption.

However, this latest news has me wary of the changes it's about to present. One of the best aspects of the Prime series was the lone game play, which really immersed me into the environments. I was a little disturbed to hear voices in Corruption and was thankful they were limited.

I'm not getting this impression with this game, for some reason. In looking at the first image, there's just much to be fearful from. This series has always been based on Samus, despite the vague offerings of her past (and future).

When reading up on the news about the controller's ability to change views based on the positioning of the remote, I cringed. What the hell? Couldn't these people just pick one and stick with it? I'm also not impressed these views will be taken from players at certain times during the game. I despise over-the-shoulder views as I've yet to experience a game that doesn't screw up the cameras (which screws up the game play).

I don't believe Metroid is ready to make this leap, but I guess change is inevitable. In looking at the video shown at E3, I was appalled by the graphics of the fight scene. They were hideous. Too much going on, though I can't really fault the video nor rely on it as proof of the game's ability to render so many objects quickly without suffering framerate loss.

Though I felt Corruption was easy due to the remote's control system, I still loved the new elements put into play, such as controlling Samus' gunship. Freakin' awesome.

Retro Studios did a fantastic job on building the games from its original offerings by introducing new elements. I don't see this with Team Ninja's offerings (so far). Switching views isn't adding anything new and certainly not "health recharging".

I'm torn between selling my overpriced GCN 2.0 or keeping it for this title. Rumors abound Nintendo will be introducing a new Zelda game at the end of the year. Really, really torn.

I guess I can wait until July to read the reviews when they start pouring in.
Kidnicky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote
"Yoshi" is the name of the species.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quote
There's a new Final Fantasy game coming out? Wink
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:24 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
This is such an expensive stretch of a couple of months here. Bioshock 2, then Heavy Rain, then Final Fantasy, then God of War 3 and Dragon Age Awakening, then GTA Episodes from Liberty City. It's great to have all the games coming out that I want, but spreading them out would have helped.

Agreed- a bigger tax return is helping me out, but there's still several titles going to the 'wait for a price drop so I can focus on the other games coming out' pile.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote
Can't wait until FFXIII comes out. Only one more week to go.

Ah 'Vagrant' story. It would be good if they could get a movie out it. It's plot was deep, dark and intriguing just like 'Matsuno' likes it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4