• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Please don't feel like you have to, asimpson2006 - it really is none of my business. I just have a curiosity about my fellow posters, is all. I actually feel kind of bad for asking in the first place. Embarassed

It's not big deal, I will still PM you about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
A big ANN welcome to both salrog and Soandso.

So, they get a warm welcome, but I don't? Well, I can see how unwelcome I'm around here, so think of this as my first and last post.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Remember, egoist: don't go away mad - just go away. Wink And as my Pappy always says, "Come on back when you can't stay as long."
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I won't go away at all! The more you dislike me, the more you'll see me around. Everything works the other way round with me, everything. I mean, just look at that thread we're posting at. Man, it's filled with ignorance; I just love to deal with ignorance.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
With the opens wounds on my body it would be impossible for me to spar anyone right now. If I tried now it would look half assed and just be horrible to what I used to be able to do. If you would have told me that 3.5 years earlier before all my surgeries, then I wouldn't have had a problem then.

That's a shame because I would've loved kicking your ass Wink

sailorsarah08 wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

I'm 19 and I'll be 20 in late August. I'm shocked when I remember how young I am, feels like I've been alive forever. Doesn't help that I was, like, the 4th youngest to graduate in my class (17 years and 284 days 13 hours 55 minutes 6 seconds)

No way. You act way older. Your posting style (real words, not straight text speak) makes you seem as old, like Blood- Just a joke, no need to kill me. I'm going to be a young graduate too! Stupid, August birthdays... But it's nice to know I'm not such a baby.

That was a very interesting introduction, including the Shuffle! panties.

What? I act older? You must of missed this post. Thanks for the compliment, though. Yea, I avoid text speak unless I'm texting- which I never do. I have a full keyboard in front of me and I know how to use it. No need to cut corners. I love my birthday being in August. I was a year younger than everyone, but I was also more developed physically. It was weird, though, because when I was a Junior and dated a Sophomore, we were both 16, but I was only 5 months older.

egoist wrote:
If I do die, though, I'll still take over Harts' body just to shave his head.

Not unless I shave it first. Spring's a comin and this fur ball needs to go soon. That was a very...interesting re-intro. Your goal was to weird everyone out and, in the words of the great Fox McCloud, "Mission Complete"

the Rancorous wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
I can't fix the picture because I don't have it anymore, but I can meet your request. Booyah:

You receive 10 cool points for that! Wink

BTW; did any of your concussions look like mine?

Sweet! I'm 6 points from leveling up to "Guy with leather jacket". And no, my concussions didn't look like that. They were more like: I get hit hard, get up slowly, couldn't speak for about 15-20 minutes, sometimes there was involuntary crying and occasionally there were bad stomach pains.

SoandSo wrote:
Ethnicity: I'm a sweet mullatto treat; milk chocolate on the outside, vanilla bean within. A reverse Milano, if you will.

Actually no, I'm black, just lighter-skinned than usual. And no, noone in my immediate family hails from Africa. My heritage isn't terribly diverse , to be honest, but I am a quarter Ookaneechi(or however you spell that tribe name), so there's a pinch of nutmeg in there, too. Hehe oh God -_-

Oh man, yours was so much better than mine. I was trying to think of some more and can't believe I never thought of mulatto treat. All I had was fancy penguin.

When I was reading your intro I thought I was reading my own. You even look like me (except an inch taller and 65 less pounds) Maybe we're twins separated at birth....and by 3 years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
egoist wrote:
If I do die, though, I'll still take over Harts' body just to shave his head.

Not unless I shave it first. Spring's a comin and this fur ball needs to go soon. That was a very...interesting re-intro. Your goal was to weird everyone out and, in the words of the great Fox McCloud, "Mission Complete"

So I decided that since it was 60 degrees (F), I'd go ahead and cut off my fro.

This is my other hairstyle. I only have two, with one being an afro and the other being a buzz cut. It takes some adjustment because now I seem disproportionate with my hands and facial features looking huge.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah so I realized that I *think* I never actually made one of these, and I figured it wasn't too late, so here we go~! Yay! (Also I'm bored, so that's also a large factor)

Name: Karen

Sex: Female

Blood Type: O+ (I really dislike the pricking of fingers to do this by the way)

Location: Somewhere in NY. I don't actually know where as in east or west, because I never leave school haha.

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: White (practically see through), Extraterrestrial I hope?

Religion: I'm supposed to be a Presbyterian but that's not working out so well.

Pets: I'm currently plant-sitting a friend's plants. I've named one Frithowulf and the other one...Plant #2.

Drink/Smoke: Nope

Favorite Anime and Manga: I have stuff that I like but my all time favorite show is Princess Tutu, I could go on and on about that show and probably have already so I'll leave it at that.

Favorite Books: Haha added this category, I love reading (I blame my mother for being a librarian.) Due to the fact that I am a teen I am a fan of teen lit, and please none of this vampire/werewolf/teen clique crap. The Hunger Games are my favorite of the recent years. I'm starting to read all of the 'classics' or whatnot as well to broaden my horizons as they would say har har har. I recently finished Emma and I'm thinking of going to read Persuasion or Mansfield Park or reread Jane Eyre or read Wuthering Heights over the break. I have yet to decide.

Favorite Foods: Applesauce and Cottage Cheese. It looks gross, sounds gross, smells nice actually, but it tastes so good for whatever reason. Also S'mores Poptarts are better than they sound. And 3 Musketeer Bars Very Happy

Favorite Music: I love Classical Music. Currently my favorites are the Pictures at an Exhibition Suite and the Khachaturian Masquerade Suite Smile

Hobbies: Working with film in Photo class is pretty fun. I recently caught the dance bug, about to finish my 2nd year of ballet and I might start taking a hip hop class haha.

Well I think I know why I never did one of these, I sound dreadfully boring. I wish there was a category for Favorite Root Vegetable or Favorite Bath time Toy so I wouldn't seem so bland. Oh drats!
Anyway, hello to everyone out there in the internet! I bid thee good day!
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:

Goodie. Because if you did I'd have to call the cops. But I bet the cops wouldn't be too happy about it.

The King of Harts wrote:
So I decided that since it was 60 degrees (F), I'd go ahead and cut off my fro.

In your case I'll really have to call the cops; for identity theft.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Mistypearl wrote:

Goodie. Because if you did I'd have to call the cops. But I bet the cops wouldn't be too happy about it.

I never understood why the whole 'doing illegal things' is so popular. I have a reputation that I need to keep up at school, plus it seems like it would taste bad. I imagine like coffee but instead of making you get really hyper and crash it just makes you...crash? Same thing goes for smoking, or inhalants or what have you. Makes me squirm thinking about it!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:36 am Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:

Ethnicity: White (practically see through), Extraterrestrial I hope?
!

Wouldn't happen to have any Irish (or Scottish) in ya would you? Generally us Irish people are rather Casper like lol.
SoandSo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
When I was reading your intro I thought I was reading my own. You even look like me (except an inch taller and 65 less pounds) Maybe we're twins separated at birth....and by 3 years.

Sweet, I might be related to royalty. Time to move in and get me some of that sweet inheritance. Just need an evil eye to hypnotize an army of rollerblading metal giants for insurance. >:3
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Name: Will

Sex: Male

Blood Type: B+ (a philosophy for life)

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: 7/8 Irish, 1/8 unknown (ah! the family skeleton)

Religion: Atheist, aka lapsed Catholic

Pets: cat

Drink / Smoke: Drink occasionally; don't smoke

Dislikes: being imposed upon

Favorite anime: Paprika

Favorite Books: Midnight's Children, Riders of the Chariot, Lord of the Rings, Wuthering Heights, She, War and Peace, Pride and Prejudice, and and and and... the list would be endless

Favorite game: CIV VI

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Don't have a TV - who needs or wants one these days? Excluding anime, my favourite movies are Lord of the Rings, Rashomon, the Burmese Harp, Bad Boy Bubby, Dance Me to My Song, Malcolm, Lantana, Wings of Desire, the General, and and and... the list would be endless

Favorite Drink: gin and tonic

Non-Alcoholic Drink: coffee, milk

Favorite Foods: vegetarian, Indian

Favorite Sites: ANN, NationStates, Wikipedia, YouTube, Australian Broadcasting Network

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football of the Australian Rules variety, cricket, motorcycle racing

Favorite Sport (to play): indoor cricket

Favorite Music: classical (Shostakovich), prog rock (Pink Floyd) and a special mention to Yuki Kajiura

Job: work for a Australian Labor Party Member in the Victorian Parliament

Hobbies: anime, of course
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
otaku-king

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Name: Miles

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Is it sad that I don't know?

Marital Status: Taken

Ethnicity: Russian, Polish, Etc. (White)

Religion: My family is Jewish, but I don't really go for that sort of thing

Pets: Bunnies <3

Drink / Smoke: Nope

Dislikes: Sociopaths

Favorite anime: Gurren Lagann

Favorite Books: Confederacy of Dunces, 1984
Favorite game: Ocarina of Time. Hands down.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Food Network. In terms of movies, I really liked The Proposal.

Favorite Drink: Plum wine is very pleasant.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Aloe juice

Favorite Foods: Lemon-Poppyseed Cake

Favorite Sites: ANN, Bulbapedia (HUGE Pokemon dork :p ), Epicurious.com, ultimate-guitar.com

Favorite Sport (to watch): Baseball

Favorite Sport (to play): Ultimate Frisbee

Favorite Music: Classical, classic rock, indie, rave, Etc.

Job: Student, guitar teacher, snowboard instructor

Hobbies: anime, cooking, playing guitar, snowboarding, eating yummy foods, scuba diving, Etc.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Well a nice big ANN welcome to our newest members errinundra & otaku-king. Well....newest to post here that's they're new anyways. Laughing Hopefully you guys are enjoying your time here. I have to say Miles it's nice to see a fellow fan of cooking here in these parts. It's been my passion for years and eventually I'd like to continue my training in terms of a degree in it. What sorts of dishes do you like to cook? Any specific ethnic style of cooking you like? Btw do you have a profile on Epicurious? That site is like my home online. Laughing Sorry, get all giddy and fanboyish when the topic of cooking is mentioned. Anyways, welcome once again to you 2. As part of your welcome it's my joy to give you both you're very own mystery welcome bag of goodies. *hands them both a brown paper bag* Can't afford real goodies thanks to the economy so Just use your imagination heh. Inside you'll both find such treasures as a few pre-chewed and gnawed on #2 pencils, a dirty and old dish rag, a few screws all with the threading stripped off, and 3 pickle slices taken off of Whoppers tossed in the garbage behind a Burger King. Enjoy the gifts and remember; Sex is like art. Most of it is pretty bad, and the good stuff is out of your price range.
PaniPoni61

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, considering i've already been making a few posts around ANN's boards, i guess i might as well get the formalities (bleah. I'm not a formal kinda person) outta the way.
Name: Sorry, i really don't use it online. i'd prefer if i could just go by my board name. hey, i'll answer to pretty much anything, "Hey you", yeah, i'd probably answer.
Sex: (checks pants) yep, male.
Blood Type:A+. this i know quite well, having been a blood donor the past 10 years or so.
Location: the septic tank of the universe, central Virginia. The capitol city. Wouldn't call it "living" here, more like "existing". This is the world's center of the opinion "well I'm ME.......you're just you". Thank fillinthedeityofchoicehere i'm not originally from here!
Marital Status: Solo.
Age: err.....let's just say i will never see my 30's again, and haven't for a long time.
Ethnicity: Being adopted, not sure. So i'll just say "mutt".
Religion: Catholic. Was.....lapsed for awhile.....got back into it about 12 years ago, and found a parish that isn't "clique-y" finally, so i really do enjoy it! Don't worry, i'm not gonna be evangelical and try and convert anyone.
Pets: none. I do have a bunch of stuffed critters around, one of which, a stuffed Mandrill that i liberated from a state fair 18 years ago (his name's Bnobi. nope, not a typo. Bnobi) and he goes on all road trips with me. Best traveling companion ever. never second guesses directions, gets a lot of looks from people, never complains.
Drink/smoke?: yep/yep. however, i try to be a considerate smoker, won't do it where kids are around, and won't in the company of non-smokers.
Dislikes: huge egos, politics, most US media, canned beets.
Favorite Anime: the Haruhi series, Pani Poni Dash (#s 1a & 1b)
Favorite book(s): Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker" trilogy, all 6 parts.
Favorite game: Uno. (draw 4 sucka!)
Favorite TV shows/movies: I really don't care for TV much anymore, currently, if it's not baseball/football season (Go Orioles! Go Ravens!), about the only thing i will watch is the Weather Channel and the Colbert Report. I haven't been to a movie theater nor have i rented movies in at least 4 years. Hollywood is a ginormous mountain of feculence, and i will not give them 1 cent of money nor attention anymore. But my favorite 3 movies of all time are: "Dogma", "the Jerk", and "the General"-the silent movie with Buster Keaton. Freaking genius for the time period.
Favorite Drink: Um, i'm guessing you mean alcoholic? If so, National Bohemian beer, and tequila.
Favorite sites: ANN (natch), the 7th channel, Nihonomaru (that last one won't get me banned, i hope).
Favorite sport to watch: baseball
Favorite sport to play: baseball
Favorite music: too many to choose. see next part for why.
Job: I have worked in a record store for the past 16 years. We moved last year, and no longer are a walk-in retail business. However, we do tons of online business, and i do the grading, typing, and editing for the online/mail-order auction. I have had literally millions of records pass through my hands over the years.
Hobbies: Anime, manga, AVG (yeah, hentai & ecchi) games, hanging out on my computer for hours on end, pinball, going on extended drives.
One more thing. My typing can be hard to read. I do not use "textspeak", i do not own, nor have any desire to do so-any kind of wireless mobile device (read:cellphone, or wireless umbilical cord). i dislike using a capital i. Let's just say that my "literary license" probably ought to be revoked, but ya gotta catch me first!
oh yeah. maho!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 97 of 233