• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yamato, Hello Kitty Mark 36th Birthday with KimuTaku

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Hello Kitty's only 36?! I would've sworn it was at LEAST 50! Shocked
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Here I was all ready to say, "I'm pretty sure Kimura's at least 37-- or is he starting to lie about his age now? Razz " Then I, y'know, actually read the article and realized KT himself wasn't included in that 36th birthday group. Let me say though, instead of Hello Kitty in Kimura's Yamato battlesuit, I'd rather see Kimura in a Hello Kitty suit.

Yep.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I want to see Badtz Maru as Captain Okita.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
yamiangie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Kitty would be cute in Yuki cosplay. Would they have her cosplay as a boy?
hiei_kurama27

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Let me say though, instead of Hello Kitty in Kimura's Yamato battlesuit, I'd rather see Kimura in a Hello Kitty suit.

Yep.

Win. Send this idea to FujiTV and maybe they'll have a skit like that on SMAPxSMAP sometime. xD It's possible they've done that already, idk.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote
hiei_kurama27 wrote:
poonk wrote:
Let me say though, instead of Hello Kitty in Kimura's Yamato battlesuit, I'd rather see Kimura in a Hello Kitty suit.

Yep.
Win. Send this idea to FujiTV and maybe they'll have a skit like that on SMAPxSMAP sometime. xD It's possible they've done that already, idk.
Laughing Nothing surprises me on SMAPxSMAP anymore, I just wish more of it were subbed (seriously, if I ever get some initiative and learn Japanese, it'll be so I can watch & understand SxS. Is that a better or worse reason than anime? You decide.) Anyway, I bet when the Yamato movie comes out in December they'll reference it somehow, either with skits or maybe even a SP. I'm looking forward to it.

[OT, but whatever: I'm currently (re-)watching Long Vacation for the 3rd time in 2 years and in the process turning a drama newbie (LV will be her second series, after Love & Fight) into a Kimura fan. Her quote, out of the blue: "He has a beautiful mouth. And eyes." Surprised Amen, sister! /fangirling]

P.S. This should go without saying but nice avatar, hiei_kurama. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1