• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takuya Mitsuda's Major Baseball Manga Nears Its End

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow, seriously??? Shocked That's a surprise, considering how long it's been running for. One would assume it'd just run forever.

First Inu Yasha, now Major. What's next, Detective Conan? Fighting Spirit? Golgo 13?? <--- (yeah right)
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Wow, seriously??? 8O That's a surprise, considering how long it's been running for. One would assume it'd just run forever.

First Inu Yasha, now Major. What's next, Detective Conan? Fighting Spirit? Golgo 13?? <--- (yeah right)

Probably Doramon or eventually Poke'mon. Although fifteen years is a long time, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT all together lasted well over 20 years. With Dragon Ball Z Kai, I am sure the series will run even longer.

Conan will eventually end probably in the next decade or so, Fighting Spirit probably will continue for several more years (It has well over 900 chapters so far, I think) and eventually there has to be a ending to Golgo 13.

To this day, I haven't seen a series go on what seems to be forever and I really don't think that is possible unless each generation of that manga artist continues the series. Which is not as easy as this sounds in the very least.

As much as I really enjoyed the entire Dragon Ball series, I am glad the series ended and on a exceptional note. There is always a chance the artist may run out of ideas or arc's later on. Anyone read the latest news about Digimon? That is a example of what I am talking about.
kill-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
To this day, I haven't seen a series go on what seems to be forever and I really don't think that is possible unless each generation of that manga artist continues the series. Which is not as easy as this sounds in the very least.

you need to read more manga Very Happy

(and just what has the DB anime to do with this? Rolling Eyes )
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow I assumed MAJOR would be another Kochikame (that police box manga from JUMP that has like over 100 volumes), but it had to end sometime. Just as long as Sunday keeps running Detective Conan for a few more decades, I'm good. Wink
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Wow, seriously??? Shocked That's a surprise, considering how long it's been running for. One would assume it'd just run forever.

Don't forget Cross Game and FMA also ended this year. There are couple more too.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Probably Doramon or eventually Poke'mon.

Come on, let's be a little realistic here. Laughing

Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

and eventually there has to be a ending to Golgo 13.

Given how long it's been running and who it's targeted to, I don't foresee that ending until the day Takao Saito dies.

Spotlesseden wrote:

Don't forget Cross Game and FMA also ended this year. There are couple more too.

But those were weren't 50+ volumes long. Razz
niiica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

Not really. If you're up to date with the manga, you'll know that the series is nearing the conclusion. At least that's what I felt since chapter 700 something...

Sad that it's almost finished though. I really did enjoy the read. :')
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:56 am Reply with quote
76 books?! That must've been one long stint in the minors! Laughing
The Mask

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap! Major's nearing its end already?!

I'm not so much of a fan with the manga series, partly because it's so long, partly because I have limited access to the manga itself, and partly because I've already did my catching up through the anime series, which more or less followed the original story of the manga faithfully. I can't believe it's already nearing its end, especially since I've been a fan of Major for only a couple of years already. I hope the anime series will show the ending as well in the future.

On another note, I hope this will eventually lead to its fellow Shonen Sunday series "Detective Conan" to end in the very near future as well, since they both did start publication in 1994.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
76 books?! That must've been one long stint in the minors! Laughing
Not at all. The series go through little league, middle school, high school, and then the minors.

So the 6th season of the anime will be the last eh? It's been a lot of fun.
littletykes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:57 pm Reply with quote
just curious, the current season of the anime series is at what point of the story in the manga? like, is it somewhere around 80% already?
niiica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:10 pm Reply with quote
littletykes wrote:
just curious, the current season of the anime series is at what point of the story in the manga? like, is it somewhere around 80% already?

It's in the final arc of the manga (MLB).
littletykes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:54 am Reply with quote
niiica wrote:

wow, the end really is near. Sad
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:11 am Reply with quote
littletykes wrote:
niiica wrote:

Well, not unless the MLB player is designated for assignment, put on waivers, released, or sent back down to the minors, and then eventually find themselves toiling in the Japanese NPB. Laughing
littletykes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
littletykes wrote:
niiica wrote:

Well, not unless the MLB player is designated for assignment, put on waivers, released, or sent back down to the minors, and then eventually find themselves toiling in the Japanese NPB. Laughing

haha that would be interesting. considering how they could still make the story move in so many directions, I'm wondering why he chose to start ending it. sad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2