• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost Hunt Manga to End in Japan After 12 Volumes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
Interesting. Second anime season please!
keikanna44

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:28 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:

I Second that please!
sarofski

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:06 am Reply with quote
If I'm not wrong, the last novel was published in 1994 but the story was left incomplete. and there were some rumors about the Continuation .
Anyone knows anything related to this issue?
Banken

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:30 am Reply with quote
I couldn't watch the last two episodes of the anime after spoiler[ two minor characters were brutally murdered (by a ghost!), and the main characters didn't so much as bat and eyelid (and then proceeded to escape from said ghost without so much as a scratch, for no apparent reason)].
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:03 am Reply with quote
keikanna44 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

I Second that please!

Definitely, I want to see the rest of the story animated since I really enjoy the manga.
GhstDreamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 am Reply with quote
I have up to volume 10 of the manga and I know that the story arc will take up the rest of volume 11 and maybe into volume 12 unless if volume 12 is just a one book story arc. There wouldn't be much to animate to get a full second season in. Maybe a Ghost Hunt OVA of the story that started in volume 10 would be great.

I really enjoyed this series and wish it can continue beyond 12 volumes.
gorbal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:29 am Reply with quote
I think we have to hope for more novels before the manga continues...does anyone remember how far the anime continues after the anime ends.

There is an anime coming out this season that sort of reminds me of it; it even has a complet jerk as a male lead. "Psychic Detective" or something like that.e
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
I couldn't watch the last two episodes of the anime after spoiler[ two minor characters were brutally murdered (by a ghost!), and the main characters didn't so much as bat and eyelid (and then proceeded to escape from said ghost without so much as a scratch, for no apparent reason)].

..excuse me? I'm pretty sure I remember them being so freaked out that they were going to drop the case, but then of course spoiler[Naru was possessed, and almost strangled Ayako. --And this was before we even got to the zombie apocalypse part-- How does that imply they "got out without a scratch"? Actually, at the end of that arc, I think most of the guys landed themselves in the hospital.] You should finish watching it, it's actually one of their most brutal cases, possibly excepting "Bloodstained Labyrinth".

gorbal, the anime covers through volume 9 of the manga.

Last edited by ZepysGirl on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote
That's odd. Del Rey says that Volume 11 is the final volume.
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quote
sarofski wrote:
If I'm not wrong, the last novel was published in 1994 but the story was left incomplete. and there were some rumors about the Continuation .

The story is not left incomplete. Ono intended for the novel series to end after the story arc that will be finished in volume 12. As a result of publisher pressure, she wrote one more two-novel volumes story that takes place about 3 months after the end of the original novel series. She didn't particularly want to write this coda-like story but bowed to her publisher's demands. In an interview a couple of years ago, she mentioned revisiting an unspecified old shoujo horror series. Fans speculated that the older series was Ghost Hunt. However, no additional news regarding this project of hers has turned up.
Sydra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:54 pm Reply with quote
LKK wrote:
sarofski wrote:

The story is not left incomplete. Ono intended for the novel series to end after the story arc that will be finished in volume 12. As a result of publisher pressure, she wrote one more two-novel volumes story that takes place about 3 months after the end of the original novel series. She didn't particularly want to write this coda-like story but bowed to her publisher's demands. In an interview a couple of years ago, she mentioned revisiting an unspecified old shoujo horror series. Fans speculated that the older series was Ghost Hunt. However, no additional news regarding this project of hers has turned up.

Thanks for the info. I do wish she would work twelve kingdoms though I know the novel series was a request from her publisher to do a fantasy novel. I've enjoyed that one best of her series.
OLady

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I suppose all good things have an end, but I will mourn this one. Ghost Hunt has been a favorite of mine despite being scared witless by 'The Bloodstained Labyrinth'. I would like to own all of the volumes, if possible
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote
yeah this needs a 2nd season to finish up the story from the manga.

i watched the anime on a whim of boredom a few years ago and it i feel its one of the most underrated animes out there
Banken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:54 am Reply with quote
ZepysGirl wrote:
Banken wrote:

..excuse me? I'm pretty sure I remember them being so freaked out that they were going to drop the case, but then of course spoiler[Naru was possessed, and almost strangled Ayako. --And this was before we even got to the zombie apocalypse part-- How does that imply they "got out without a scratch"? Actually, at the end of that arc, I think most of the guys landed themselves in the hospital.] You should finish watching it, it's actually one of their most brutal cases, possibly excepting "Bloodstained Labyrinth".

Not sure what part you're talking about, but I'm referring to the episode with the haunted house. spoiler[ The two assistants from the other researchers both have their throats slit...by a ghost...and no one seems to be surprised or sad at all when they found out that the characters had died. I thought it seemed like really bad directing/writing, and it totally went against the atmosphere of the show up till that point.]
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:24 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
ZepysGirl wrote:
Banken wrote:

Not sure what part you're talking about, but I'm referring to the episode with the haunted house. spoiler[ The two assistants from the other researchers both have their throats slit...by a ghost...and no one seems to be surprised or sad at all when they found out that the characters had died. I thought it seemed like really bad directing/writing, and it totally went against the atmosphere of the show up till that point.]

Oh, my apologies for spoilers, then. You said you'd seen up to the last two episodes, but it appears that you've only gotten to around episode 19. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

... I still don't really understand where you're getting your interpretation from... Mai was really bothered by that. spoiler[Well, as much as one can be bother by the death of an acquaintance. And I don't remember them ever conveniently escaping unharmed from Vlad... The only reason none of SPR was abducted at first (other than them being main characters) was that they normally stick together. The people who were abducted were all alone at the time. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2