• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Launches Anime DVD/Blu-ray Kiosks

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Redbox for anime? Sounds cool, but is there enough market? I guess putting them near anime shops should work. Good luck to them.
bleuster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
The woman on the flyer is the character from the film Oneechanbara (based off the game series).
It's not listed on the anime list, though. It's on the live action list, in case anyone is wondering...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Weird. What release of FLCL are they using? Has Funi secretly already completed the new set, in spite of the complete lack of info?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Redbox for anime? Sounds cool, but is there enough market? I guess putting them near anime shops should work. Good luck to them.

Good question. If it fails, I'd imagine this is what will bring down Media Blasters.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tratious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
Weird. What release of FLCL are they using? Has Funi secretly already completed the new set, in spite of the complete lack of info?
Synch-Point's previous release from years past.
machetecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote
NO WAY!

Oh man I so hope those kiosks come over here. There are a few titles I'd LOVE to rent!
FeralKat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
This sounds really good! Very Happy How long can we keep a rental out? It takes me at least a week to get through a 26 episode series.
jsc315

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
sweet! It's stuff like this that I love these guys. let's hope this goes well and they expand out to more cities. I would love to walk to the local gas station and rent my anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Anime still being niche as it is, they'll have to be savvy where they put these. That said, BRILLIANT!!
poonk

At first my eyes lit up, thinking maybe they found a secret stash of the 4th disc of JoJo's somewhere and I could finagle my way into buying a rental copy since it's OOP (and pretty pricey on eBay). But looking at their site it seems disc 4 is indeed similarly unavailable through their kiosks. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by poonk on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

kusanagi-sama wrote:

Good question. If it fails, I'd imagine this is what will bring down Media Blasters.

Media Blasters is basically the cat who had 8,000 lives at this point. I wouldn't be shocked that if this does fail horribly somehow Sirabella will be able to stay in business in some form or another.
DoktorZetsubou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:58 pm Reply with quote
That is awesome. Can't wait to see one in Seattle, as I will be frequenting that thing!
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or is the site being extremely laggy and slow? Also half the images/posters for all the items are not coming up.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
MB is on my poopy list right now over their utter failure to make announced delivery dates for the Queen's Blade complete collection and Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny. Slap me in the face, kick me in the 'nads, insult my ancestors, but do not - I REPEAT, DO NOT - interfere with me getting my kick-ass, female fighters ecchi on.

Anyway, despite my understandable disgruntlement, I hope this works out for them and lets them release titles with say, only 15 delays, instead of the usual 83.
Vapors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Sounds pretty interesting. But I do wonder, as I've never used Redbox or anything like this, how do they know how much you have to pay? Do you give them credit card info and they subtract every day that passes without returning the product? Because wouldn't it be easy to check it out and never return the product?

Hopefully one comes to the San Jose/Palo Alto area here in CA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3