• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: TBS to Sell Official K-On!! Audio Cassette Player

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:53 am Reply with quote
Are these like left-overs from Akihabara which they painted the logo on? Sort of ironic that they're selling it when the walkman's been declared "dead".
bakabakadeshi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:18 am Reply with quote
well, this just frustrates me. I'm penniless.broke. Anime cry

And,why hasn't ANN reported about the LIVE EVENT 2 on Feb. 2011? Oh well,that's off topic.^^;
Rei Sentoki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:04 am Reply with quote
...and will the movie be released on Betamax?

Kinda ironic as the Walkman bought the farm last week. But slap a "HTT" label on a knockoff and it'll still sell?
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:28 am Reply with quote
Did I just wake up in 1994?
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote
Cassette players? I thought those were only urban legends Shocked

Actually, I kindof want it now that I think about it. I recently found a bunch of my old cassettes from when i was a kid, but can't listen to them because i don't own a casette player anymore Anime hyper
robo-ky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:59 am Reply with quote
dude 50 bucks for a casette player and it doesn't even come with batteries! lol u k-on fans are crazy i would rather spend that money on gunpla
3rdHalf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quote
First: The rice bag. And now a cassette player?
What's next? Shocked
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote
Well, at least it actually has something to do with music this time. You'd think there would be at least K-ON picks, drum petals and sticks, if not a couple full on signature guitars.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
Actually, I kindof want it now that I think about it. I recently found a bunch of my old cassettes from when i was a kid, but can't listen to them because i don't own a casette player anymore Anime hyper

If you really need a cassette player, eBay has a bunch of them for less than 10 bucks.

Srs. Don't waste your money. That POS can't even record.
nagato316

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:55 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
You'd think there would be at least K-ON picks, drum petals and sticks, if not a couple full on signature guitars.

Wait, there's no actual K-ON! band gear or instruments yet? That is shocking. I don't doubt that it's just a matter of time before the Japanese division of a Gibson or a Ludwig or somebody makes this happen eventually...but I'm actually surprised that hasn't happened yet, seeing as how everything HTT touches turns to platinum (economically if arguably not aesthetically).

And as old school as I am, and as cool as I would otherwise think this is...Fitty Dollars for an otaku-centric Walkman?!...GOOD LORD!!!

*/classic Chris Rock sketch*
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:00 am Reply with quote
Rei Sentoki wrote:
...and will the movie be released on Betamax?

Kinda ironic as the Walkman bought the farm last week. But slap a "HTT" label on a knockoff and it'll still sell?

As much as I love my 90's era WM-FX171 and cassettes in general, I had no clue they were even still being made since i usually only see cheapos. Sounds like they'll still get built and sold though, just not designed, like film SLRs and the like. Interesting turn of events. It's like how LPs have made a comeback or how VCRs will never die. People are rediscovering the joys of analog sound.

Hell, most news stations still use Beta. I kid you not. Saw one at ATT Park the other day.

Quote:

If you really need a cassette player, eBay has a bunch of them for less than 10 bucks.

Srs. Don't waste your money. That POS can't even record.

Agreed. Get a Walkman. The one I have is only my second (technically third since I exchanged a lousy Panasonic for it), and it's still going strong and never damaged a tape. That sucker's outlasted every CD player bought since, Sony or otherwise. Only my Fuze gets more use as it replaced my CD player when it broke.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Vicserr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote
I guess otaku need something to play those pink tapes, God forbid you go out and play that pink tape to your homies in your Ghetto Blaster.

For crying out loud you can still find off brand walkmans for under $20 that can record and have a radio. Yeah Japan continue to fleece the hand that feeds you. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:24 am Reply with quote
Settle down guys, it's a novelty fan item. Let people have their fun.
Baggerschmakle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Well, at least it actually has something to do with music this time. You'd think there would be at least K-ON picks, drum petals and sticks, if not a couple full on signature guitars.

All of those things are available.
http://ishop.tbs.co.jp/tbs/org/anime/k_on/inst/-/ps_id/1289037/s_cd/0001/c_cd/23597
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote
Baggerschmakle wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

All of those things are available.
http://ishop.tbs.co.jp/tbs/org/anime/k_on/inst/-/ps_id/1289037/s_cd/0001/c_cd/23597

Screw Azusa's Fender Stratocaster! Where's Yui's Gibson Les Paul?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3