• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga-Based Gokusen TV Drama Gets Film Finale in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:47 am Reply with quote
Yukie Nakama was great in Trick. I hope they'll do something else with that, but this series is great fun, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quote
Oh man, that sucks. I was hoping for a 4th season at an all girl's school to see thing from a different perspective.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:47 am Reply with quote
Well finally. I really wish that someone would release this here though like they did Bloodhound.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote
The Gokusen franchise is one of my all time favorites. I am very happy to see it end with a theatrical movie.
senoracarmen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I hope in this finale, Yamaguchi can finally get married, but to a returning Sawada Shin. Of course he would be al grown up and ready to take over her family yakuza group. I think that ending would rock!!! Rolling Eyes
poonk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
senoracarmen wrote:
I hope in this finale, Yamaguchi can finally get married, but to a returning Sawada Shin.
Yep, the return of Matsumoto Jun as season one's Shin is pretty much the only thing that could make me watch this, after that lackluster (imo) 3rd season. But I won't be holding my breath.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
senoracarmen wrote:
I hope in this finale, Yamaguchi can finally get married, but to a returning Sawada Shin.
Yep, the return of Matsumoto Jun as season one's Shin is pretty much the only thing that could make me watch this, after that lackluster (imo) 3rd season. But I won't be holding my breath.

Yeah Jun kind of made the show IMO. Plus when Jun Matsumoto is in something japanese women of all ages follow.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
i liked the anime version. Hope they have a sequel for the anime version cause i truly doubt they'll be a dub version for it since the only good live action movies were the death note movies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Duke Evangelion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first season but second one started with new students and I kinda lost interest.

But should watch it sometimes. Very Happy Yankumi is funny, so...
Expias

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
But the second season's cast special had big ratings too?

Oh well. There's a film finale so that's awesome.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I didn't catch a glimpse of the second and third season's but I did enjoy the first season. I had heard about the third season last year, but with them coming out with a finale movie perhaps it would be worth my time to check out the rest of the franchise. Nakama Yukie is a pretty cute person but her personality can really stick out when she makes it do so in her series. Be sure to check out Komyogatsuji too, a taiga drama.
senoracarmen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
senoracarmen wrote:

I agree 100%, would definately have to be Matsumoto-kun. Anything else, might not be worth watching.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1