×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mass Effect: Paragon Lost Film's English Cast, Trailer Posted




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Reibooi



Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 394
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I mean it's nice that it's normal 2D animation this time around but it still looks terrible. It looks cheap and the character designs just flat out suck(the ones that looked decent in the game REALLY don't translate to 2D)

As far as the dub goes it sounds good enough but doesn't sound like anything special but perhaps that is my lack of excitement for it speaking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
The King of Harts



Joined: 05 May 2009
Posts: 6712
Location: Mount Crawford, Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Why does that cast have to be attached to a movie I'm not interested in? Silly dub cast, making me buy movies I'm not interested in just so I can listen to it. Hope I don't need prior knowledge of the games to get the gist of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rootsofjustice



Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 177
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
My only complaint is the complete lack of Keith David. There is no one who can imitate those chords of his.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wonderwomanhero





PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Ugh...if I have to hear Vic Mignogna and Laura Bailey one more time........
Back to top
Vata Raven



Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 710
Location: TN
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Ugh...if I have to hear Vic Mignogna and Laura Bailey one more time........

And sad part is, didn't those 2, Travis and Todd move to LA? I know Todd flies in every Monday, but what's with the other three? They keep coming back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getchman
He started it



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 9129
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Why does that cast have to be attached to a movie I'm not interested in? Silly dub cast, making me buy movies I'm not interested in just so I can listen to it. Hope I don't need prior knowledge of the games to get the gist of it.


James gives you a very brief overview of what happened to him between games 2 and 3 in the begging of Mass Effect 3. This movie tells you exactly what he was telling Shepard, just expanded upon, and with more details.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
getchman
He started it



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 9129
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Ugh...if I have to hear Vic Mignogna and Laura Bailey one more time........

And sad part is, didn't those 2, Travis and Todd move to LA? I know Todd flies in every Monday, but what's with the other three? They keep coming back.


a chance for more work. just because they moved doesn't mean they cant work at Funimation anymore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
mdo7



Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 6311
Location: Katy, Texas, USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
My only complaint is the complete lack of Keith David. There is no one who can imitate those chords of his.


Lance Henriksen who voiced Admiral Hackett for the game is MIA for the anime cast. Glad to see Freddie Prinze Jr reprise his role for the anime, that I'm happy to see. I wonder what the Japanese cast will be like. I always thought Tadanobu Asano would fit James Vega after hearing how he voice the main character for the Japanese dub of Shadow of the Damned. I always thought Tessho Genda would've fit perfectly for David Anderson, and Takeshi Kaga I imagine to be a perfect Hackett for the Japanese dub for the anime (and the game if EA had dub the game which they didn't).

If Mass Effect 4 does happen, I would sort of love it if Bioware had some of Funi's voice actor voicing some characters (nothing major) but it would be cool to hear Brina Palencia, J Michael Tatum, and Luci Christian voicing minor characters and/or your squad. [/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vata Raven



Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 710
Location: TN
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Vata Raven wrote:
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Ugh...if I have to hear Vic Mignogna and Laura Bailey one more time........

And sad part is, didn't those 2, Travis and Todd move to LA? I know Todd flies in every Monday, but what's with the other three? They keep coming back.

a chance for more work. just because they moved doesn't mean they can't work at Funimation anymore

Yeah, but is it worth to fly down to do roles when you only get paid $40 a full recording hour? It really isn't, unless they're just in town to do other things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
rootsofjustice wrote:
My only complaint is the complete lack of Keith David. There is no one who can imitate those chords of his.


Apparently someone can, and that man is Patrick Seitz, since Funimation cast him in lieu of Keith David.

Odd choice too. When I think of Anderson, I don't think of Seitz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
getchman
He started it



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 9129
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:

Yeah, but is it worth to fly down to do roles when you only get paid $40 a full recording hour? It really isn't, unless they're just in town to do other things.



who knows, but this was probably dubbed months ago, so by now it really doesn't matter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Ashen Phoenix



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 2920
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote
Woah. Way too much negativity coming out for this.

While I'm largely unfamiliar with the franchise, I'm intrigued by this and will definitely check it out.

It's a shame when an actor can't, for whatever reason, reprise their role, but it happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group