• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Delays Gundam 00 #1, Kurokami #1, Freedom Box

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote
You have got to be joking. I just hope these really are "minor manufacturing errors" that are causing the repeated delays.
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Bandai changed their release plans for Freedom on DVD, so it's not a big surprise- they solicted a Vol.1 for July, apparently releasing it on 2 single discs which will be followed at some point in the future with a boxset.

I'm guessing 1/2 their shifts are due to retailer demands, which have also caused changes for Media Blasters's schedule. They also just signed up with Technicolor as a DVD replicator, so that might also factor in.

Still, stuff has been shipping, and a lot of recently delayed items have shown up, so I'm not super worried. It just means I might be able to fit Gundam OO in better.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
You have got to be joking. I just hope these really are "minor manufacturing errors" that are causing the repeated delays.

Considering that it seems like every other releases of theirs seems to be defective, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Smile

But it was already confirmed earlier that Kurokami was delayed due to marketing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
D'awww!! Gundam 00 volume 1 has been delayed!? Durn it all!! Hopefully they'll have an early release at Otakon (when I went to AnimeNEXT in 2007, I got an early released copy of Shounen Onmyouji volume 1, TWO days before it's actual release date)!
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
D'awww!! Gundam 00 volume 1 has been delayed!? Durn it all!! Hopefully they'll have an early release at Otakon (when I went to AnimeNEXT in 2007, I got an early released copy of Shounen Onmyouji volume 1, TWO days before it's actual release date)!

I've received dvds as much as a month early depending on manufacturer & how long I've had it on pre-order status. Never got Bandai early. Geneon-yes. Funimation-yes. It was Gravititation ordered from Right Stff that constantly shipped a month prior to the street date. Funi is often 2 weeks early. Noodle Shop Affair was delayed from a prior date, but has a street of June 30 & shipped 5/20.
But I thought Gundam had already delayed once.
Just checked. My personal notes--
Gundam, 00 S1 P1 5/19 6/16 7/21 $27
so this is the 3rd release date set
HQuest

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quote
What a mess.

I'm still waiting for Gurren Lagann and Geass sets 3 to ship from RightStuf, too. Along with 8th MS Team.

Also, I'm hoping the Eureka 7 sets don't get delayed, and that FLAG gets re-solicited at some point.

Plus, I need to send my Geass set 2 discs in for replacement because they're so poorly manufactured (one of the discs is almost completely rotted).

This is really just kind of sad...
Kyjin

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Annoying, but I'd rather them take their time and make sure the discs aren't defective. I had to send back one of my Code Geass dvds last year, rather not have to go through that again.

*also hoping for early release at Otakon for Gundam 00*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I was looking forward to watching Gundam 00 next month, but now it looks like I will have to wait for it. This is not what I was looking for. I'm going to have to be on disability at the end of July and was hoping to save what I can for my time off, but now that looks to put some problems along the way.
ll Miya ll

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Man I was really looking forward to this too. Nowadays everything gets delayed
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Kyjin wrote:
Annoying, but I'd rather them take their time and make sure the discs aren't defective. I had to send back one of my Code Geass dvds last year, rather not have to go through that again.

This. I still have never bought anything Bandai because I'm afraid the discs will be epic fail. They really oughta just go with a new replicator; apparently these clowns they're working with just aren't worth a damn!

And if you REALLY wanna watch Gundam 00, it's on YouTube, 100% legal because Bandai put it there. In fact, I have a theory that the episodes will get pulled from YouTube as soon as the DVDs come out, even if that's not until 9/9/09 or something ridiculous like that! Very Happy
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Oh fudge. That was around my birthday. I also can't find any scans of the manga they are including so I really need the LE box.
DieHardBleachFan

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Kyjin wrote:
Annoying, but I'd rather them take their time and make sure the discs aren't defective.

I agree with this. In the meantime, I will wait patiently.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I had to change my Freedom box order to something else 'cus of this. I'm actually surprised the company thinks it can get any money out of that one, considering the singles under BVUSA bombed, but maybe they're cashing in on the success of the Akira BD. Hopefully, we'll also get a reasonably-priced Tokyo Metro Explorers down the line, too.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, double post.

Last edited by doctordoom85 on Sun May 24, 2009 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
In fact, I have a theory that the episodes will get pulled from YouTube as soon as the DVDs come out

Considering the entire first season of Code Geass is still available on Youtube, I don't see why that would happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2