• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Gallery - Noa Ikeda

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladyvoid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote
First of all, thanks for the column. I've read every weekly post that you've had up from the start. Could you interview artists like Rem and Svetlana Chmakova, though? I know that they're more "successful" rather than "emerging" artists in the OEL scene, and they probably wouldn't care if they had more pageviews, but I think it would be interesting to hear from artists who've already made it pretty far in the industry. Smile
Agoston

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Woww, these are very nice. Eulia is my favorite.
Sirenlove

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote
ladyvoid wrote:
Could you interview artists like Rem and Svetlana Chmakova, though?

[screams] DRAMACON[/scream]

I love the j gang! sooo cute!
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
ANN: In a recent article on ANN for the column Chicks on Anime column, Ziang Her talked a bit about the "glass ceiling" in the gaming industry and how it can be tricky for female artists to find work in the industry. As someone who wants to work in the field, how do you feel about these challenges? From your perspective, what kind of changes do you think the industry needs to make?

Noa: Hmm, I never really thought too hard on the fact that the game industry is filled with mostly men. I am already majoring and minoring in a mostly-male dominated subject, Information Science and Game Design, but I do not feel uncomfortable working in the field. Considering that, I think I will be more than fine in the game industry as long as I can create quality artwork. I personally don't think it is the industry that has to change, because there are already several highly praised concept artists who are female that are already in the game industry, such as Kojima Ayami and Jo Chen. I suppose it is just that there are not as many female artists who are into gaming when compared to their male counterparts.

Thank you! The Chicks on Anime article that talked about this made it sound so feminist, and making it sound as though the industry had to change or something. The gaming industry is male-dominated because it just so happens males are more interested in that kind of thing. But there are females too, and Ikeda says all of this. She's right. She is working in a male-dominated field, but she should not feel uncomfortable because talent is what matters, not gender. Thank you Noa Ikeda, I hope everyone at Chicks on Anime has read what you said.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1